swimming on seadream

shaskelly

Maybe this is a weird question, but I'm going to be a newby on my next cruise and this doesn't seem to be mentioned much in reviews.... can someone give me an idea of how we might have a swim on the yacht? How big is the pool? Is it available at all times or is it emptied overnight or what? What about swimming off the stern/marina? How does this work?

Thanks for the info

Shaskelly

:)

Maybe this is a weird question, but I'm going to be a newby on my next cruise and this doesn't seem to be mentioned much in reviews.... can someone give me an idea of how we might have a swim on the yacht? How big is the pool? Is it available at all times or is it emptied overnight or what? What about swimming off the stern/marina? How does this work?

Thanks for the info

Shaskelly

:)

Pool is more of a plunge pool type. Approx. 4' deep. Usually open unless seas are rough.:eek: Usually get to swim off the marina from time to time. It is all weather and location dependent. The Captain usually makes the call. When you swim off the marina, there is always a current as you are anchored so they have the Zodiacs out for safety boats in case you drift away from the yacht. We like the pool for a refreshing dip and shower before resuming duty on a lounger with a martini.:eek::D

Jim nailed it as usual! You can check ahead with Miami office to find out where and when you might get to swim off marina. It is lots of fun and one of the things we enjoy. The catch is it only happens when anchored not docked at a port, and then it depends on local laws and weather/sea conditions. We have swam more in the Caribbean than Europe depending on the European country. The pool on the ship really isn't for swimming as in laps but to cool off and visit with fellow passengers as there is a wooden deck around it. Enjoy.

Pool is more of a plunge pool type. Approx. 4' deep.

The pool is definitely deeper than 4 feet. I am a little over 5 feet tall and I have to stand on my toes in the pool. But it is sort of a plunge pool.

I didn't swim off the marina on our most recent cruise because it was Europe in May and too cold, but I did when we were in the southern Caribbean. It was awesome! You have to get a wristband from the concierge after you sign their liability waiver.

Thanks guys - informative as usual.

Not sure what the drill will be re swimming off the marina during the Asian cruise, but we will see...

Has anyone had any feedback re the first Asian cruises yet? I'm dying to know how things are going...:D

Shashikelly

Have to disagree with JES about doing laps in the pool. I always have a great sense of accomplishment because I can do so many. Same thing with walking around the ship. I can walk all the way around in just a few minutes without breaking a sweat. Zimmy's DH

The pool is definitely deeper than 4 feet. I am a little over 5 feet tall and I have to stand on my toes in the pool. But it is sort of a plunge pool.

I didn't swim off the marina on our most recent cruise because it was Europe in May and too cold, but I did when we were in the southern Caribbean. It was awesome! You have to get a wristband from the concierge after you sign their liability waiver.

too bad about being vertically challenged. It is a good thing SeaDream provides you with water wings.:eek::D:D

Have to disagree with JES about doing laps in the pool. I always have a great sense of accomplishment because I can do so many. Same thing with walking around the ship. I can walk all the way around in just a few minutes without breaking a sweat. Zimmy's DH

400 laps = 1 mile!:eek::D:D Keep up the good work.:D

Archived