Labadee Sandbar Getaway vs. Malfini

BoxerLuver

Hi, this will be my second trip to Labadee. The first time we were there, two ships (Navigator and Explorer) were in port and the beaches were way too crowded, and this really ruined our experience. I was looking for something to do that would let us enjoy the beach, but hopefully be far less crowded. Any hints on the Sandbar Island Getaway vs. Castaway at Malfini? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I've been on the Sandbar Island tour 3 times. I thought it was great. I wish it was longer!

One of the things I liked more than Malfini, which is still beautiful, is the boat ride down the coast. You can see the local fisherman and we stopped by a old cargo ship that had ran up on one of the reef. I think old rusting ship wrecks are so cool. Also, when you get to the Sandbar you can look all round, 360 degrees. It's really something else. Both are great though. It's probably just person preference.

FYI - There are two different versions of it now. The Getaway and the Adult Getaway. They both go to the same island but the adult get away is 15 mins longer. The Getaway is more for families and relaxation. The Adult is 21 and over and more for drinking, partying, dancing, etc.

There's a video on

that pretty much sums it up. They have a facebook page, I believe too.

Hope that helps!

I have been to malfini twice (once on freedom and other time oasis) and it was quiet and beautiful, now also thinking of sandbar, just cant decide, thinking more towards sandbar as its a new experience :-)

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app