NCL Star Balconies???

CabinForFour

We are cruising the Star to Alaska in May 2006 for my parents' 50th anniversary. We have reserved 5 side-by-side cabins (category BA, deck 10 forward), and I was wondering if the balcony dividers can be opened to make adjoining balconies between all of our cabins. We have done this many times on our past Carnival cruises and enjoyed it immensely, so we're hoping we can do the same on the Star.

Cabin for Four: We will be on the Star begining next Sunday and we too booked BA Cabins on Deck 10, forward, port side. (we only booked four in a row though). From what I understand, the balcony divider doors/walls do open and you can ask to have them opened. I also heard that they won't open more than two in a row (total of three cabins) due to safety or something. We are going to ask to open up all three to make one big balcony for our four cabins. I will let you know after I get back if they allow it. (Remind me though will you.......)

Dear Keystone Cruiser-

When will you be cruising? I look forward to hearing whether or not they would do it. Our groups always have opened up the partitions and we have had many great times having "happy hour" out on the big balcony.

When I called NCL they told me that the Star balconies did not open. So I am glad to hear that they do. I hope they will open more than 2 as stated above.

Have a great Cruise

Gina

We were on the May 22nd cruising on the Star. We had three junior suites together and we had the doors opened between all of us. I also know all the doors on our floor open because the workers were sanding and staining the handrails on the balcony. They had them ALL opened and went from one to another.(We were in cabins 11176-11180) Hope you get to open your doors too. Enjoy.

Katie

we just got back from the Star - we had a balcony on the 11th floor forward , starboard side - while we did not need a balcony opened up, it did not looked like they opened up - seemed pretty stationary to me

Archived