Call to upgrade myself?

latitude918

I booked an interior room at $X, but I see balcony rooms for my cruise keep dropping. If I wanted to move from an interior to a balcony room, would I be able to just pay $X plus the difference that the website lists, or would I have to cancel and re-book?

I booked an interior room at $X, but I see balcony rooms for my cruise keep dropping. If I wanted to move from an interior to a balcony room, would I be able to just pay $X plus the difference that the website lists, or would I have to cancel and re-book?

You do not have to cancel and rebook. I've upgraded my cabin twice. From a porthole to a balcony, then to an extended aft. Just call with your booking number and the cabin you'd like to upgrade to.

Once I called for upgrading, and willing to pay the difference. They gave me a quote but when I had my credit card ready, they put me in hold. I was assuming they were accessing their billing system. But after several minutes, they came back and told me the upgrade was on them.

I booked with a sale that included reduced deposit and OBC -- would I lose that by going to the new room or would I get to keep it and pay the reduced cost for the balcony?

I would call Carnival and find out. No sense speculating on CC when you can call and get it straight from Carnival.

:confused: ok. I'm just saying there are too many variables. Rate that you booked, are you past final payment, current rates and promotions etc etc?? If you're not past final payment and there is a current rate that's cheaper there are more options. There isn't a cut and dry answer without knowing all the facts.

Good luck, hope you get the upgrade you're wanting.

:confused: ok. I'm just saying there are too many variables. Rate that you booked, are you past final payment, current rates and promotions etc etc?? If you're not past final payment and there is a current rate that's cheaper there are more options. There isn't a cut and dry answer without knowing all the facts.

Good luck, hope you get the upgrade you're wanting.

No big deal :) I don't even know if I want an upgrade. I picked out a location on the ship I like. I was just curious if I paid X and balconies are available for Y would I be able to just pay the difference? :)

I booked with a sale that included reduced deposit and OBC -- would I lose that by going to the new room or would I get to keep it and pay the reduced cost for the balcony?

You will likely lose the OBC and have to put up the full deposit, unless the current sale also offers these items. Basically, they are re-pricing your fare at the current rates, so you would lose any "old" promotions and get whatever promotions are currently running.

Once I called for upgrading, and willing to pay the difference. They gave me a quote but when I had my credit card ready, they put me in hold. I was assuming they were accessing their billing system. But after several minutes, they came back and told me the upgrade was on them.

wow.. that's great!..

The simple answer is yes. I have done this many times, sometimes I have had to pay an additional deposit if I was on a reduced deposit fare other times I just paid the difference. I have never lost my credit, I was a really told I could not use my credit.

Sometimes I have had to speak to a few different agents to get one to agree. In the end it makes sense for Carnival to take the extra $$

Archived