Clay Villa Plantation: Taxi from Ship to There??

Baybear

I've just read a lot of posts on the Clay Villa Plantation House & Gardens tour which seems to cost a very reasonable $15/person and I saw someone ask how much a taxi is from the ship docking area to the Plantation, but I never read a response to this?

1) Is it possible to catch a taxi at the ship dock and take it to the Plantation, and if so, what is the cost?

2) And if you take the taxi "one way" can you get one back to the ship later?

3) Or is the only way to get there to reserve with the Plantation Villa themselves and they pick you up and take you back? But if that's the case how much do you pay for their "picking you up and returning you" in addition to the $15pp for the tour itself?

4) Or is there some other algorithm I haven't thought of that holds sway here?

We only want to do the Plantation tour... no other "sightseeing" in addition...

DD

Edited by Baybear

• 1 year later...

We will be going to St Kitts in March 2015. It is basically only the afternoon.

The ship docks at 11 am and we have to be on board by 6pm. I had thought of going to Clay Villa and the beach for a few hours. I was wondering if you got your own taxi to go to Clay Villa and what was the cost?

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with emailing Clay Villa, Phillip is great and he will help you with the taxi costs.

Great tour. I've done it twice and am taking another sister there this year along with the island tour.

I'm sure they don't mind anyone just doing taxi to and from. You need a appointment anyway since it is a private home so he would need to know you were coming anyway.

Thank you for your reply. I decided to make arrangements to have the Clay Villa plus beach tour thru Clay Villa. They will pick us up and take us to Clay Villa. From there take us to a beach and back to the ship. It is called the Mabreeka tour. That seems to be the least complicated and most convenient.

Looking forward to it!