Best So Caribbean Port for Snorkeling?

jojokay

I want to plan one snorkeling excursion on our Southern Caribbean cruise. Based on your experience,which port would you say was the best for snorkeling...Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia, St. Maarten or St. Thomas?

Thank you!

I can't imagine anyplace in the southern Caribbean beating Bonaire. I have been there twice and our group can't wait to go back. Do a search for "bonaire snorkeling" or "Klein Bonaire". There are some nice videos on you tube. Have a wonderful time!

Edited by roysue

Other than snorkeling with the turtles that came to be fed my snorkeling experiences in Barbados have only been decent.

Based on my most recent experiences I would say St. Lucia, followed by St. Thomas, St. Maarten (creole rock area only), Barbados and then Antigua

I also was not really pleased with the snorkelling in Barbados. Not that impressed. I will not snorkel at that port again.

Swimming with the turtles was fun but I think there were only 2 turtles and about 50 snorkelers crowded around. They came up far enough for me to touch them with my feet. Slippery back.

I can't imagine anyplace in the southern Caribbean beating Bonaire. I have been there twice and our group can't wait to go back. Do a search for "bonaire snorkeling" or "Klein Bonaire". There are some nice videos on you tube. Have a wonderful time!

Very true BUT they aren't going on a Deep Southern Caribbean cruise which includes any of the the ABC Islands (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao) where there really is good snorkeling ... especially Bonaire.

LuLu

~~~

I want to plan one snorkeling excursion on our Southern Caribbean cruise. Based on your experience,which port would you say was the best for snorkeling...Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia, St. Maarten or St. Thomas? Thank you!

Happily, you can snorkel in all of your port stops. :)

Our favorite from your itinerary is going to St. John on your port stop in St. Thomas. It's so lovely there and such clear water.

Less favorite is St. Maarten for snorkeling. Love that island but like to make it a Beach Day.

Whichever you pick, enjoy and have a great time. :)

LuLu

~~~~

We like the snorkeling at Coki in St. Thomas. Very good very near the shore and around the point on the right in the direction of Coral World, but even better all the way down to the left. Unfortunately, there are always too many ships in port so go early. Coki also has new clean changing and rest rooms.

St Lucia is our second favorite. Jalousie is great.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl