Smuggling booze on NCL - what is more embarrasing?

TrinaLC

But I thought all cruiselines allow you to bring your own wine on board. Will I get in trouble if I did that? The ships often don't carry the type/label we drink. I certainly would be mortified to be pulled aside and have no intention of pouring expensive wine into mouthwash bottles or the likes.

In the photos I saw of our suite there was wine glasses in the cabinet I just assumed we would be fine bringing a few bottles as we have on other lines???:confused:

Not sure about the other cruise line's policies, but NCL does allow you to bring wine onboard- you will just have to pay a $15 per bottle corkage fee.

I think I will simply call NCL as we get closer to sailing. I have the priveledge of owning two cases of this smooth and delicious wine that I save for special occasions. I have no problem paying a corkage fee per bottle and have done so in the past on Disney when I brought my own wine to the restaurant. They did not charge corkage for wine consumed in your stateroom. I am not going to risk "smuggling" in two bottles of this delightful wine to have them break or be taken away. I will call them and be upfront, frankly I may just ask if they carry it and have it delivered to our stateroom and save the hassle.

I think I will simply call NCL as we get closer to sailing. I have the priveledge of owning two cases of this smooth and delicious wine that I save for special occasions. I have no problem paying a corkage fee per bottle and have done so in the past on Disney when I brought my own wine to the restaurant. They did not charge corkage for wine consumed in your stateroom. I am not going to risk "smuggling" in two bottles of this delightful wine to have them break or be taken away. I will call them and be upfront, frankly I may just ask if they carry it and have it delivered to our stateroom and save the hassle.

Just call Passenger Courtesy- 1 (866) 625-1159

You're talking like an adult. What a refreshing concept: An adult interaction. Not Cat:Mouse or Criminal:Police.

I certainly hope you get a rational response from the cruise line.

I hear so many different answers but I am under the impression that previously wine was not allowed to be carried on but some time recently they changed that rule to say that wine is allowed with a corkage fee. Is this correct????

Do you still have to pay a corkage fee if you bring a box of wine on board??

I hear so many different answers but I am under the impression that previously wine was not allowed to be carried on but some time recently they changed that rule to say that wine is allowed with a corkage fee. Is this correct????

Do you still have to pay a corkage fee if you bring a box of wine on board??

Yes to both of your questions.

Archived