Change in Policy - Disappointed

FB

Last year I booked the "kids sail free" promo. About a month before sailing the SJ Family Suite came down in price to about $849.00 I was able to upgrade the two adults (based on quad occupancy) for the difference between what we had paid and the $849.00. The kids remained free (taxes only)

I booked the same deal this year and now the SJ Family Suite has come down to $799.00 (quad occupancy). Ncl is refusing to upgrade us at this price. They want us to pay the double occupancy rate rate of $1349.00 even though are in fact a party of 4.

This is a huge difference and I am very disappointed that they have apparently changed their policy on this matter.

I do get that the "Kids sail free" promo is no longer active with the current pricing.

Last year I booked the "kids sail free" promo. About a month before sailing the SJ Family Suite came down in price to about $849.00 I was able to upgrade the two adults (based on quad occupancy) for the difference between what we had paid and the $849.00. The kids remained free (taxes only)

I booked the same deal this year and now the SJ Family Suite has come down to $799.00 (quad occupancy). Ncl is refusing to upgrade us at this price. They want us to pay the double occupancy rate rate of $1349.00 even though are in fact a party of 4.

This is a huge difference and I am very disappointed that they have apparently changed their policy on this matter.

I do get that the "Kids sail free" promo is no longer active with the current pricing.

If you are using the new NCL site to price your cruise, that is where the confusion is coming in. The new site no longer shows the regular price for 1st and 2nd guest, and the reduced rate for 3rd and 4th if you start a dummy booking listing 4 guests.

Go back and do a new dummy booking listing just TWO guests, and you will see that the base fare for each primary guest is $1,349, not $799. Kids sail free when both primary guests pay FULL FARE for the cabin. NCL is not reneging on any deal.

If you are using the new NCL site to price your cruise, that is where the confusion is coming in. The new site no longer shows the regular price for 1st and 2nd guest, and the reduced rate for 3rd and 4th if you start a dummy booking listing 4 guests.

Go back and do a new dummy booking listing just TWO guests, and you will see that the base fare for each primary guest is $1,349, not $799. Kids sail free when both primary guests pay FULL FARE for the cabin. NCL is not reneging on any deal.

I did notice that they no longer display the actual cost for each guest. This is stupid IMO especially when you are offering kids sail free promos. How are guests supposed to know?

I just went to book it the same way I did when I did the original booking. 4 guests... Since well I am in fact 4 guests.

Thanks for the clarification.

In my limited experience with NCL and price reductions.

If you initially booked under a "promotion". When you try to rebook for the reduced fare, the initial promotion is no longer valid.

You have to weigh which is the better deal for your circumstance. (1st and 2nd at a reduced fare, 3rd and 4th at fare. Or original fare and 3rd and 4th fare free.

I hope this helps.

Mark

I was playing around with this and the new site takes the kids sail free prices into effect. For example there is an Epic next week that shows as $200 pp for an inside cabin in the new site. On the old site, it is $399 pp but kids are free.

For some dates, it does look look like the prices now are lower than when the original kids sail free was on. So will NCL really upgrade you if that is the case, and how close to sailing will they do this. Can you get OBC, or just an upgrade. I guess it would make sense to book a lower category and hope for an upgrade.

I was playing around with this and the new site takes the kids sail free prices into effect. For example there is an Epic next week that shows as $200 pp for an inside cabin in the new site. On the old site, it is $399 pp but kids are free.

For some dates, it does look look like the prices now are lower than when the original kids sail free was on. So will NCL really upgrade you if that is the case, and how close to sailing will they do this. Can you get OBC, or just an upgrade. I guess it would make sense to book a lower category and hope for an upgrade.

Even though the price for four is the same, people just can't resist something that is "free".

Archived