Steakhouse on wedding night...?

2preschoolers

We're getting married on the Pride and thinking it'd be nice to have dinner that first night in the Steakhouse. Is it hard to get a reservation for the first night? How far in advance can/should we make the reservation?

What do people wear to the steakhouse?

THANKS!

Hello I got married on the Pride last year in September. We made our reservation for the steakhouse the night of our wedding, as I thought it would be a nice way to kick off our honeymoon.

I made the reservation for 6:30 and we wore our wedding attire. It was really beautiful and the ambiance was wonderful. The Free bottle of wine was a really nice touch.

HOWEVER: I really didn't have much of an appetite at 6:30 because we had eaten at our reception (which ended 3:45 ish) AND I was sooo tired from the wedding, the early am hair and makeup appt, the travel to the port, the photo sessions after the wedding AND the full bra girdle thing (;))

My advice would be to make a later reservation (8:00/9:00) and change into something still wedding but allows you to enjoy a sit down meal.

You can submit a request by email in advance. Let them know it's your wedding night when you do. As has been said, considering all the excitement that day, depending on how you're feeling, a later reservation may be more convenient for you - but by all means, eat in the steakhouse! The experience, in addition to the food, will be memorable.

Congratulations, and I wish you many years of happiness together!

We went with our wedding party on our wedding night on the Miracle, and I agree with the posters who said to make a later reservation. We went at 8:30 and everyone had a great time. We did do a reservation online ahead of time, because we had a larger party (10). You get 1 free bottle of wine per CABIN in your party, so if you've got guests you can get extra wine ;)

You can submit a request by email in advance. Let them know it's your wedding night when you do. As has been said, considering all the excitement that day, depending on how you're feeling, a later reservation may be more convenient for you - but by all means, eat in the steakhouse! The experience, in addition to the food, will be memorable.

Congratulations, and I wish you many years of happiness together!

Thank you!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

We made reservations for the steakhouse the first night of our upcoming Breeze sailing about 2 months ago, and I got an email response confirming our reservation the very next day. So it shouldn't be a problem. Have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon!

If you're doing an embarkation day wedding, I probably would advise against it. You'll be SO tired from all the rushing and running, and SO FULL from the appetizers served at your reception. They really GO TO TOWN on the food at the reception!!! It's amazing, and they constantly bring out more.

Go to dinner your first night in the main DR... In your wedding attire. I did this on our cruise in June and got a standing ovation! (I cried. :) )

Definitely do the steakhouse, but on another day when you and your new hubs can fully enjoy it.

You will have a BLAST!!! Congratulations! :)

Jaded99! Oh my gosh! How are you? did you get Platinum??

I should email you!!!

We went with our wedding party on our wedding night on the Miracle, and I agree with the posters who said to make a later reservation. We went at 8:30 and everyone had a great time. We did do a reservation online ahead of time, because we had a larger party (10). You get 1 free bottle of wine per CABIN in your party, so if you've got guests you can get extra wine ;)

First of all, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

We ate in the steakhouse on the first night, and is was not crowded at all. And, yes, we did have a FREE bottle of wine. We were not newlyweds (long past that) but it was very nice.

If you're doing an embarkation day wedding, I probably would advise against it. You'll be SO tired from all the rushing and running, and SO FULL from the appetizers served at your reception. They really GO TO TOWN on the food at the reception!!! It's amazing, and they constantly bring out more.

Go to dinner your first night in the main DR... In your wedding attire. I did this on our cruise in June and got a standing ovation! (I cried. :) )

Definitely do the steakhouse, but on another day when you and your new hubs can fully enjoy it.

You will have a BLAST!!! Congratulations! :)

I was under the impression that we'd hardly eat because we'd be so rushed talking to our guests, and taking pictures, etc. No?

We wanted to have early dining. So would we be done with photos, etc by 6pm to go to early dining?

Won't we look crazy showing up in our wedding attire to the MDR? On the one hand we only get to wear those clothes for the one day. But on the other hand, I don't want to appear to be saying "LOOK AT US! We just got married and want everyone to know it!" haha

Just a word of wedding day advice... step back together and just look at everyone in the room to take in all in. The day goes by so fast and it will be hard to remember. Enjoy your day!!!!

I think wearing your wedding dress to main dinging room is a great idea. And yes, you want everyone to know how happy you are! Last year we renewed our vows for our anniversary and we wore our clothes to dinner (elegant Night). Made for wonderful pictures.

Congratulations and many wonderful years to come. Never take a single day for granted!

Don't be shy in your wedding duds! You planned, and paid, and have looked forward to this day, and this cruise for months, I'm sure!

Obviously it's all your call and you'll LOVE your experience, no matter what.

But personally, I was really glad we did our steakhouse night the day AFTER our wedding, (we had an on-board wedding on Sea day #2). And even though we were on board all day, we got up early for make up, then pictures, then the ceremony, then more pictures, then the reception, then MORE PICTURES..... then pretty much straight to supper. The day was FAST. And the steakhouse is such a nice, slow dining, awesome experience... Go in relaxed, You will LOVE it! (but really, you'll love it either way ;) )

But to be honest, the attention I got in the dining room was so sweet... I didn't expect it at all, but it was the sweetest thing. This older Italian gentleman at the table next to us jumped up, and hugged us both, then pulled out our chairs... Then later he wanted a hug and "dance" and a toast with the bride (during the music at the end of supper). He wanted to "share wine" with us. He was so cute lol

Another thing I will suggest to you, (either early in the day, or on a different day from your steakhouse night) - if your ship has a Spa, consider the couples mud room experience. It was SO romantic, and SO relaxing... I absolutely LOVED it. ;)

I was under the impression that we'd hardly eat because we'd be so rushed talking to our guests, and taking pictures, etc. No?

We wanted to have early dining. So would we be done with photos, etc by 6pm to go to early dining?

Won't we look crazy showing up in our wedding attire to the MDR? On the one hand we only get to wear those clothes for the one day. But on the other hand, I don't want to appear to be saying "LOOK AT US! We just got married and want everyone to know it!" haha

Archived