Silversea vs Seabourn: Balconies vs. No Balconies

XFed2001

I believe this question has been posed before. My wife and I are very partial to having our own balcony; having said that, I've noticed that quite a few cruisers prefer Seabourn which has a "quasi-French doored" balcony. How do the Seabourn cabins measure up sans real balconies compared with Silversea for the typical cabin? Should we just air-condition the world passing by with the French doors open? No big deal? Other posts seem to reflect a recent degradation in the overall quality of food and service on Silversea vs Seabourn. Comments and reactions please. Thanks

I believe this question has been posed before. My wife and I are very partial to having our own balcony; having said that, I've noticed that quite a few cruisers prefer Seabourn which has a "quasi-French doored" balcony. How do the Seabourn cabins measure up sans real balconies compared with Silversea for the typical cabin? Should we just air-condition the world passing by with the French doors open? No big deal? Other posts seem to reflect a recent degradation in the overall quality of food and service on Silversea vs Seabourn. Comments and reactions please. Thanks

You may want to try posting this question on Seabourn or Silvesea forums.

I've done both Silversea and Seabourn, and in my opinion, Seabourn is far superior to Silversea. Their cabins are very similar in design and layout. But the food and service on Seabourn exceeds Silversea in every area. If you don't mind not having a true balcony, then go with Seabourn.

Archived