Fitness Center - Marina

buggins0402

I had the urge to exercise once. I took a nap and it went away :-)

All kidding aside, so many folks' daily diet is so out of whack that any vacation venue (cruise ship or otherwise) that has menus developed with dietician input will promise a better balanced lower caloric intake. Of course, this assumes that individuals are monitoring the number of things ordered and are not going back for seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just booked. We're fitness nuts. I couldn't find any pictures on the cruise line site. Is it decently equipped with aerobic equipment? Does it get overly crowded - if DH doesn't do 50 minutes continuous on a piece of aerobic equipment almost daily he thinks he'll meet his maker early!

Also - regarding fitness classes. Do they have spin?

Sorry, we're kind of strange - the first place we look at on a ship after embarkation is the fitness center.

Just off the Marina and I must say my one complaint about the fitness center were the people who ignored the signs requesting users to be considerate of their fellow passengers and limit their cardio time to 30 min when it is busy.

This was at 0700 ish. I don't know what the place is like at 5pm because that is when Happy Hour starts.

Hi C,

>..... the delicious food you get on board is higher in calories than what you eat at home........ please tell me how you do it<

When we go to France we pig out, yet lose weight.

When we go to Germany we have to watch our diet.

Ditto for a cruise. You can eat well without loading up on humongous calories (well not every day).

Ira

PS, Alcoholic beverages on board a ship are metabolized in a different way from on land. You can drink as much as you want. Really.

Edited by I_r_a

....When we go to France we pig out, yet lose weight.

Same here! Got salmonella food poisoning twice in France (Both times—different years—was there long enough to ensure it couldn't have been from anywhere but France.)

Edited by Oceans&Rivers

Just off the Marina and I must say my one complaint about the fitness center were the people who ignored the signs requesting users to be considerate of their fellow passengers and limit their cardio time to 30 min when it is busy.

This was at 0700 ish. I don't know what the place is like at 5pm because that is when Happy Hour starts.

Hopefully, it will be quiet then (5PM) - I forgot that happy hour might deter some from visiting the gym in the afternoon, in fact it might deter me :). We are on a port intensive cruise. I don't know if people will all rush to the fitness center when the ship leaves port or perhaps not even bother to exercise because they are dead tired from touring all day.

We do respect time limits for equipment, if people are waiting for equipment, which is why I asked the question originally.