Halloween decorations in Quebec City

When we cruised to Quebec City in 2009, we were there on October 15. It was so beautiful seeing all the pumpkins and other decorations everywhere. When do the merchants start decorating for Halloween?

We are planning a return to Quebec City next fall and are wondering whether we will see pumpkins if we're there on October 4? Would it be better to arrive two weeks later?

I don't live in Quebec, but here in Nova Scotia the pumpkins are joined with other decorations as Hallowe'en gets closer. I would go for the leaves. Aim for the second (and maybe third) week of October.

Edited by maryann ns

I don't live in Quebec, but here in Nova Scotia the pumpkins are joined with other decorations as Hallowe'en gets closer. I would go for the leaves. Aim for the second (and maybe third) week of October.
Well, that would give me both leaves and pumpkins, if I'm reading your response correctly, and save some money, too. You did say "October," right?

• 2 weeks later...

Bonjour Cruise More Often,

I live in Québec. Most Halloween displays are gone by the first week of november, leaving way for Holiday décorations. This year, Halloween décorations were quite spectacular, specially at City Hall where they had hundreds of pumpkins, bright orange flowers and even a pirate ship with witches, ghosts and smoke machines reproducing fog !

BTW, Christmas décorations are even more elaborate. The city looks almost like a fairy tale town.

Bonjour Adèle,

if you happen to be in Québec on a sunday, I'll probably be hosting visitors at l'Observatoire de la Capitale,

(ref: http://www.observatoire-capitale.com/)

located on the 31st floor of the Marie-Guyart building. I'll be more than happy to give you a guided tour of the place. Just let me know a few days before to confirm I'll be there.

What a nice offer. Thank you very much. It looks beautiful! As of now, our ship arrives in Montreal on a Saturday, and we plan to visit the city and spend that night there. We would like to take the Amtrak Adirondack train down to New York City on Sunday to see the countryside and fly home the next day. However, we have not eliminated spending two nights in Montreal (which would include a Sunday) and then fly back to San Francisco on Monday. It's so hard to decide!

Edited by Cruise_More_Often

• 3 weeks later...