Pacific Pearl

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Reading the questions on this Board there seems to be a lot of questions from soon to be cruisers on the Pacific Pearl.

Firstly don't waste your money on this vessel it is not a vessel to go and relax on away from the busy crowds.

It is a vessel that is run as if it was a Butlins Holiday Camp, or other words simply put a BOOZE CRUISE.

Hubby and I have had 2 cruises on this vessel both in mini suites and the noise from deck 12 is 24/7, that is no exaggeration. Our new friends on the cruise say the same, the entertainment is geared for those that want to get drunk and make a noise on deck 12 [sports deck] so if you are thinking of getting a cabin on deck 11 DON'T . P & O Australia are run by Carnival and send all their old ships to Australia, their aim is to sell as much wine/spirits as they can in our opinion.

The only professional part of the vessel is the WATERFRONT RESTAURANT. It is a great pity the rest of the ship doesn't have the same standards as the WATERFRONT Restaurant. Our friends on the last cruise got into Sydney on 25th October say the best part of the cruise was Triva. Entertainment is so bad we used to go back to our cabins after Triva and watch TV, which we could have done at home. Then if you wanted to sleep we used to get woken up at 2am with deck 12 noise. The shipping company are well aware of this problem between decks 12 and 11 as we wrote to them three years ago when we had the same problem, and nothing has been done.

Personally I don't think you can beat Royal Caribbean for a pleasant cruise around Australian waters or the South Pacific.

Edited by Kalleroo

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Reading the questions on this Board there seems to be a lot of questions from soon to be cruisers on the Pacific Pearl.

Firstly don't waste your money on this vessel it is not a vessel to go and relax on away from the busy crowds.

It is a vessel that is run as if it was a Butlins Holiday Camp, or other words simply put a BOOZE CRUISE.

Hubby and I have had 2 cruises on this vessel both in mini suites and the noise from deck 12 is 24/7, that is no exaggeration. Our new friends on the cruise say the same, the entertainment is geared for those that want to get drunk and make a noise on deck 12 [sports deck] so if you are thinking of getting a cabin on deck 11 DON'T . P & O Australia are run by Carnival and send all their old ships to Australia, their aim is to sell as much wine/spirits as they can in our opinion.

The only professional part of the vessel is the WATERFRONT RESTAURANT. It is a great pity the rest of the ship doesn't have the same standards as the WATERFRONT Restaurant. Our friends on the last cruise got into Sydney on 25th October say the best part of the cruise was Triva. Entertainment is so bad we used to go back to our cabins after Triva and watch TV, which we could have done at home. Then if you wanted to sleep we used to get woken up at 2am with deck 12 noise. The shipping company are well aware of this problem between decks 12 and 11 as we wrote to them three years ago when we had the same problem, and nothing has been done.

Personally I don't think you can beat Royal Caribbean for a pleasant cruise around Australian waters or the South Pacific.

we have been on the Pearl a few times but we dont book on deck 11 and we dont mind the ship, we found the staff quite nice and as for booze every cruise line sells the booze to the passengers so no difference there

if ever you book the pearl or any other ship find out the smoking area and book the other side

We came off the Pearl this morning.

Agree with your thoughts on deck 11 as we had that last time.

Had deck 8 this time and loved it.

We spent most of our time at night on deck 7 so the convenience was great.

Booze cruise? Nah I saw no one drunk the whole time.

Waterfront was great. Dont know why anyone would bother paying $49 to go to Salt to be honest. ( yes the price has gone up)

Wow, your experience couldn't have been more different than ours when we cruised on Pacific Pearl last year. We were on her for 11 nights and found her to be a very nice ship. The entertainment, and shows were great, the crew was brilliant and couldn't do enough for you. We had a great group of friendly passengers and didn't see any drunkeness or antisocial behaviour whatsoever . We had an outside on deck 10 and it was very quiet and convenient.

To those contemplating Pacific Pearl, go with an open mind, I am sure you will have fun, we did.:)

To the OP, just recently there was a thread complaining about Booze Cruises,lack of security controlling drunk passengers and antisocial behaviour on Radiance OTS. It would not stop me booking a cruise on her though.

Did you go on cruises of a decent length or just minicruises? Minicruises tend to get boozers on every line. P & O is the lowest standard of any line visiting Australia but avoid minicruises and school holidays and they should be fine. And everyone knows you don't get a cabin on the deck under the busiest public areas. Can't understand why having copped it once you'd sign up and do it again. I'm on Pearl early next year and have sailed P & O many times. Not by favourite by a long shot but still enjoy myself.

I've been on the Pearl 3 times, two of them being mini cruises, the other during school holidays. Had a great time every time and the crew were nothing short of fantastic. Couldn't fault it in anyway.

I've been on the Pearl 3 times, two of them being mini cruises, the other during school holidays. Had a great time every time and the crew were nothing short of fantastic. Couldn't fault it in anyway.

Totally agree. Love Pearly. Entertainment awesome, staff fantastic, cabins spacious, everything great....the only time we have come across drunk and obnoxious people was on a cruise on Rhapsody. RCCL could learn from PO re security, RCCL security was nearly non existent p&o security is awesome. . I think some people should just stay home and leave the cruising to us. :-) Fiona

Edited by tassie cruiser

For those that said our experience 'was rubbish', may I remind you, you were not in our cabin.........if you were you were invisible. It did net help any when the Pacific Pearl uses a mobile Bar on deck 12. Please be careful booking because that bar can be located anywhere, on the deck, the cruise we went on it was usually above our cabin. Won't be going on another P & O Cruise Australia, will go back to those cruise lines we were happy with.

Have been on boats since 1951 and at our age we don't want another bad experience.

Traveling around the world with husband in his professional capacity we see all forms of transport, now in our 70s we like to have a bit of comfort!

Yes the Pacific Pearl has a mobile Bar that they seem to put anywhere on deck 12, this cruise it was mainly located above our cabin! Unless one is a party going one would not realize where that bar has been located each afternoon/evening. We are only talking about our personal experiences on this vessel.