I wish I would have brought....

Grandeur of the Seas from Baltimore. What a treat - easiest time to board a ship I have ever experienced. Great Ship

Sailed on her on May 27, 2005 - great time except when they ran out of sugar, butter, orange juice and vanilla and chocolate ice cream.

You will enjoy

In June I went on my first cruise since being a teenager, and for my next cruise in September I will bring less clothes.

Oh, and even though I travelled as a single (and loved it), there were a couple of times that it would have been nice to have brought a companion! There weren't a whole lot of other singles on my particular cruise, judging by the very thin attendance at the "single mingle" events.

Jeff

The one thing I never took on 5 previous cruises but took on my last one was..huge plastic clips the kind you use to fasten opened potato chip bags. You can also use clothes pins. I got this tip from the tips and tricks thread on this board. What did I use them for? To anchor the shower curtain on the bottom so I wouldn't have to spend all the time in the shower unraveling my body from the curtain which adhered itself to me. LOL Other than that take a wonderful attitude knowing you are going to have the most wonderful time of your life.

Here are some tips that I would like to pass along that I have learned from cruising...

1. Take a carry on bag with you that has your swimming attire & change of clothes to lounge in after traveling. (What you would like to wear to dinner). But mainly the swimming attire so you can begin to enjoy your cruise before your suitcases arrive.

2. When packing your clothes--if you are traveling with another person...in each suitcase pack half his clothes half your clothes--that way if a suitcase gets separated and you don't get all your luggage, one of you will not be without clean clothes (or underwear). Something to think about. Smile

3. Things that were helpful in the room....air freshner (for the bathroom), duck tape (for any kind of repairs), highlighters (for the daily initeraries--one color for you and one for your husband), fanny pak with hand sanitizer in it to carry with you. Cell phone was great to be able to use in St. Thomas. Batteries (for camera), sunscreen & aloe vera gel. Sunglasses. We also bought a water tight container to hold our passports/money/seapass card in while going into the water. This went into the fanny pack.

4. Last thing --first aid kit, tums, tylenol.

Sorry so long, hope this helps someone.

Catherine

#2 is a great idea!!

I am going to pack less. One idea I saw one time was to pack clothes that you wouldnt mind throwing away at the end of the cruise. I may do that so that I have less to pack on the last night.

I packed the pop up hamper last cruise and it was wonderfull. It kept the room clean and at the end of the cruise all the dirty clothes where in one area.

On my last cruise I packed a small bottle of Tide. I bought a small plastic bottle with a pop up spout in the travel section at Wal-Mart, and put Tide in it. It was great for washing out swimming suits (salt water), or that shirt that I wanted to wear again, but spilled something on! :)

If you can't live w/o Dr. Pepper, then it would be good to include that because that has seemingly been a softdrink not onboard The Rhapsody my last two trips. My son is probably singing the song now, Im A pepper, she's a pepper, hes a pepper, would'nt you like to be a dr. pepper too. LOL

Bring PEPCID AC....Your body or someone your with will not be use to all the eating you will be doing.....Better safe than sorry.....AND YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 2 boxes packed........I have had my meds laid out now for a week and I keep adding to them.....:) :)

After reading all the boards we did not forget anything on our last cruise. We had duct tape to fix the broken curtain rod until it was fixed. We had mugs for morning and afternoon drinks:D . We had ribbon for our luggage to debarkation. You name it we had it.

If you can't find what you need on these boards, you don't need it.

Archived