Booked yesterday and 1st price drop today!

rdevine10

I would also watch your cruise documents. There have been people on these boards that have stated that they did not know that they had to pay a full deposit (after only paying 50% deposit) when getting a price drop with ES.

My understanding is if you price match to another fare that is also a 50% deposit then you don't have to make up the difference. If the price match is to a fare with full deposit required then you have to make up the difference in deposits to take advantage of it.

I would also watch your cruise documents. There have been people on these boards that have stated that they did not know that they had to pay a full deposit (after only paying 50% deposit) when getting a price drop with ES.

My understanding is if you price match to another fare that is also a 50% deposit then you don't have to make up the difference. If the price match is to a fare with full deposit required then you have to make up the difference in deposits to take advantage of it.

Personal experience with booking at reduced deposit, then requesting price drop, and being told I must pay the remainder of the normal deposit. Likewise, losing OBC received at booking.

I would call and let a live person help you and advise you. It has gotten so complicated with all of the constantly changing promotions, that I always call now instead of filing the online frorm.

UPDATE:

Well, I guess I got lucky! I booked yesterday early saver at 50% deposit. As I stated it reduced by $40 today. If they were going to require me to pay the additional deposit I was going to pass on the credit (Im certain I would of gotten something with time once final payment is made- just a hunch- we are booked in a 4B lowest level room so lots of room to go up!).

Anyways, I filled out the form this morning. Tonight I got an email with my new total- minus the $40 from earlier and no request to pay anything further right now. Luck or policy? Not sure! But Ill take it!!!!

UPDATE:

Well, I guess I got lucky! I booked yesterday early saver at 50% deposit. As I stated it reduced by $40 today. If they were going to require me to pay the additional deposit I was going to pass on the credit (Im certain I would of gotten something with time once final payment is made- just a hunch- we are booked in a 4B lowest level room so lots of room to go up!).

Anyways, I filled out the form this morning. Tonight I got an email with my new total- minus the $40 from earlier and no request to pay anything further right now. Luck or policy? Not sure! But Ill take it!!!!

Congrats. I think you were lucky.:)

I did a mock booking for your cruise and it didn't have an option for $100pp deposit. It made me pay the full $200pp.

I would still keep an eye on your booking as others have mentioned never being told to pay the other half of the deposit and cancelled their reservations.

They could have given you the price drop under the 48 hour Price protection.

Either way, I hope you enjoy your cruise.:)

Bill

Make sure you check on "Manage my Cruise" and make sure you don't see more owing on your deposit. They don't really send an email requesting payment for the additional deposit, they just adjust your rate and the remaining deposit will show owing on the website. If its not paid your booking gets automatically canceled.

Update what happens with the deposit..... Im reluctant to submit for a price drop until I see if they want the other half of the deposit.

Smart move My TA didn't say a thing about paying the other half of the deposit and just did the price drop. 5 days later I got a panic call from my TA that Carnival had canceled one of my rooms because it didn't have appropriate deposit. They actually refunded the $250 without me knowing a thing. THANKFULLY the room was still available.

Smart move My TA didn't say a thing about paying the other half of the deposit and just did the price drop. 5 days later I got a panic call from my TA that Carnival had canceled one of my rooms because it didn't have appropriate deposit. They actually refunded the $250 without me knowing a thing. THANKFULLY the room was still available.

They will also cancel the room if you miss payment deadline. In fact, CCL will not contact you about final payment. You have to remember the date yourself, or have a good TA or PVP to remind you.

They will also cancel the room if you miss payment deadline. In fact, CCL will not contact you about final payment. You have to remember the date yourself, or have a good TA or PVP to remind you.

That's odd, I got 2, yes 2 reminders well in advance of final payment date.

Make sure you check on "Manage my Cruise" and make sure you don't see more owing on your deposit. They don't really send an email requesting payment for the additional deposit, they just adjust your rate and the remaining deposit will show owing on the website. If its not paid your booking gets automatically canceled.

I've read several times that this has happened.

Yikes. You all are scaring me!!! I just logged onto in account and all seems well. It just shows my balance due sometime in early feb- no additional balance due currently. I will check it daily for the next few days and to make sure! Maybe it was the 48 hour price protection thing? I had only booked it about 12 hours prior to seeing the drop!

This makes me wonder.... what IS the correct deposit on rooms?

I booked one room that is listed as interior (its a porthole 2220 on the Liberty). 4 people in the room. They listed my deposit as $500 and I paid that. Friends we are cruising with got the same room on the other side 2221 (interor porthole) with 3 people and their deposit was $375. I assumed it was due to them having one less person. If the deposit should be $100/pp as someone above stated, did I really pay half deposit or will I be okay submitting price drops?

What investment can you make with half the deposit that will get you $40?

Unless mf course you don't have the other half.

I agree. We have the $, but I would prefer to not pay the rest of the deposit currently. However, I am quite certain if I didnt get the $40 now, it would of dropped at least that much some point before final sail.

Both deposits you list ($500 for 4 and $375 for 3) are both $125 per person.

I get that, but what is the normal deposit supposed to be? Ive only had one previous cruise and I paid in full when booking. Is $125/pp half off deposit or is that the normal full deposit?

I get that, but what is the normal deposit supposed to be? Ive only had one previous cruise and I paid in full when booking. Is $125/pp half off deposit or is that the normal full deposit?

This is the deposit amounts normally due if there is no sale going on:

3 day cruise - deposit $100 per guest; balance due 60 days prior to departure.

4 day cruise - deposit $150 per guest; balance due 60 days prior to departure

5 day cruise - deposit $200 per guest; balance due 60 days prior to departure

6 and 7 day cruise - deposit $250 per guest; balance due 75 days prior to departure

8 day cruise - deposit $300 per guest; balance due 75 days prior to departure.

10+ day cruise - deposit $400 per guest; balance due 75 days prior to departure

I don't know what I was looking at earlier but I thought you were going on a 5 day cruise but I see it's a 7 day cruise so the amounts you posted were 50% off the usual $250pp.

My apologies for the error in the deposit amount I initially posted.

Bill

Bill

Carnival sent me an email a week for the last 3weeks prior to my final payment date, reminding me that my final payment date was getting closer. Also, they will give a small grace period if not paid on the exact date. Mine was going to be a day late because of when my pay being the day after final payment. I call CCL and they told me not to worry that there is a grace period of a few days.

Archived