Ground Transportation from Orlando Airport

DetroitDiva

Executive VIP and Cocoa Beach Shuttle are the two most often suggested on these boards. ;)

If you are arriving a day early (like a smart cruiser should :cool:), then two rental cars will likely be cheaper and give you some flex for dining and shopping. Good luck! :)

Thanks everyone for your help, I am doing some research into the companies I was given. Will keep you posted.

I also used Michael from Executive VIP for transportation from MCO to my hotel in Port Canaveral and later, from the cruiseport to MCO last week. The cost was $120 each way for 3 adults and 6 full sized suitcases. We were picked up in a clean Chevy van. Both times, the drivers were prompt, kept in contact with us by cellphone and they were very polite and helpful. We stopped at a Publix on the way to the hotel so we can get sodas/snacks for the cruise. Our purchases was later packed in an extra bag and allowed on the ship.

I recommend Executive VIP and will book them again next year. Enjoy your cruise!

My family just used Cocoa Beach Shuttle on 11-7-13. Our shuttle bus broke down along the side of the toll road. I know that mechanical problems can occur any time any place. But the company didn't handle the situation very well. Two passengers got burned by an oily based fluid that got sprayed on them and it was causing a black smoke in the shuttle. Once the driver pulled over he called his base. He didn't bother to tell them anyone was injured. Other passengers were treating them and he was just walking around. He got upset because I pulled my luggage out of the trailer in the back. I knew I had first aid items in my luggage and was trying to get to it. He was telling everyone to get back on the shuttle so he could take us to the airport. I called the company and told them they had two injured passengers and no one wanted to get back on the shuttle since we didn't know what had caused the problem in the first place. They finally said another shuttle was enroute to pick us up. The people who were injured kept telling him they wanted medical treatment and he didn't relay this info to the company. He said they could get treatment when they got to airport. Once at the airport, airport security called for medical treatment for the people. People started to realized that property had gotten left on the other broken down shuttle when everyone was running to get off it. When he was asked about it, he said to call the company and they would take down your name, address and credit card number and mail it to you at your expense. He was going to leave us at the airport, we were supposed to be taken back to our hotel down the road. We insisted to be taken to the hotel, which he finally did. I can't recommend this company based on this experience. I know they come highly recommended on here, but please be careful. I'm still waiting on a call back 3 days later to try and get some property my husband left behind while we tried to get our grand kids off the shuttle.

My family just used Cocoa Beach Shuttle on 11-7-13. Our shuttle bus broke down along the side of the toll road. I know that mechanical problems can occur any time any place. But the company didn't handle the situation very well. Two passengers got burned by an oily based fluid that got sprayed on them and it was causing a black smoke in the shuttle. Once the driver pulled over he called his base. He didn't bother to tell them anyone was injured. Other passengers were treating them and he was just walking around. He got upset because I pulled my luggage out of the trailer in the back. I knew I had first aid items in my luggage and was trying to get to it. He was telling everyone to get back on the shuttle so he could take us to the airport. I called the company and told them they had two injured passengers and no one wanted to get back on the shuttle since we didn't know what had caused the problem in the first place. They finally said another shuttle was enroute to pick us up. The people who were injured kept telling him they wanted medical treatment and he didn't relay this info to the company. He said they could get treatment when they got to airport. Once at the airport, airport security called for medical treatment for the people. People started to realized that property had gotten left on the other broken down shuttle when everyone was running to get off it. When he was asked about it, he said to call the company and they would take down your name, address and credit card number and mail it to you at your expense. He was going to leave us at the airport, we were supposed to be taken back to our hotel down the road. We insisted to be taken to the hotel, which he finally did. I can't recommend this company based on this experience. I know they come highly recommended on here, but please be careful. I'm still waiting on a call back 3 days later to try and get some property my husband left behind while we tried to get our grand kids off the shuttle.

What a terrible story! I have heard negative things about this company in the past, but never this bad.

Where did this fluid that they got burned from come from? We're you inside at the time? Did it co e front the a/c vents or someplace else?

I want to point out the Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Beachline Transportation are not the same company, just in case there is any confusion.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

It came from just above the floor area. They were sitting in the seats that would be over the rear wheels of the shuttle. Their burns were between the ankle and knee, but closer to the ankle. We were inside the shuttle about 7 miles from the airport at the point it sprayed all over their legs and a black smoke came out of the same area. It was all over the floor from the rear wheel area into the center aisle and ran forward to the front door when he pulled over and we were getting off. You could actually see it pouring out the door. Not just a little drip. The driver said it was antifreeze but it didn't look like it. But they might use a different kind down south, that looks different to the ones we use up north.

We had our two grandkids with us, both under 2 and it scared us to death. We just wanted to get them off the shuttle.

When I called the company again about 30 minutes later to check on the property that had been left in the shuttle, they said the vehicle had already been checked by a mechanic and he couldn't find anything wrong with it. I can't believe that. That shuttle was full, and we didn't just dream that it happened. The burns on the two passengers were real also.

It came from just above the floor area. They were sitting in the seats that would be over the rear wheels of the shuttle. Their burns were between the ankle and knee, but closer to the ankle. We were inside the shuttle about 7 miles from the airport at the point it sprayed all over their legs and a black smoke came out of the same area. It was all over the floor from the rear wheel area into the center aisle and ran forward to the front door when he pulled over and we were getting off. You could actually see it pouring out the door. Not just a little drip. The driver said it was antifreeze but it didn't look like it. But they might use a different kind down south, that looks different to the ones we use up north.

We had our two grandkids with us, both under 2 and it scared us to death. We just wanted to get them off the shuttle.

When I called the company again about 30 minutes later to check on the property that had been left in the shuttle, they said the vehicle had already been checked by a mechanic and he couldn't find anything wrong with it. I can't believe that. That shuttle was full, and we didn't just dream that it happened. The burns on the two passengers were real also.

Antifreeze is antifreeze, we all use the same--greenish in color with that sweet smell. Was it a rear engine vehicle? If not, it wasn't antifreeze, because that cools the engine.

I find it difficult to believe that they got a mechanic there to check the vehicle that quickly.

I'm curious as to the type of vehicle. Was it a large motor coach, or a cutaway style--like the airport parking shuttles use?

If it was a cutaway, I'm not sure what would be near the wheel wells that would be hot enough to burn and in a sufficient quantity to have it pouring out the door, plus cause black smoke. There is a heating vent in the wall in the rear, but that is a separate system than the A/C on those units and the heat wouldn't have been on. Also in the rear would be brakes, but I can't imagine enough brake fluid could escape to be running down the aisle. If it was a red fluid, that is transmission, but it would be almost impossible for tranny fluid to enter the passenger compartment. Black smoke is generally indicative of gasoline burning, if it was more of a grey it could have been the brakes.

If it was a motor coach, the first thought would be hydraulic fluid, but I have never seen a hydraulic leak that didn't result in an engine fire that took out the entire rear of the bus, unless there was an on board fire suppression system.

At any rate, I'm glad you are safe. What a frightening experience. I work in the public transit sector and see those vehicles after fires and collisions and other events, and the stories I could tell. Fortunately when properly maintained and responsibly operated they are very safe. Unfortunately there are some really bad apples that hire drivers who shouldn't be, and don't take care of their vehicles.

I do need to add that sometimes things happen, regardless of how well a vehicle is maintained and how safely it is operated, but that is pretty rare. One other thing to note, the vehicles that seat under 15 including the driver require no special license. The driving requirements for transporting passengers in a larger bus are much stricter and require medical certification plus a road test that takes two hours to complete. In other words the larger the vehicle, the more you can be assured that the driver is a professional who has gone through a lot of training and testing to get that license.

I am licensed to drive a motor coach, even though I only operate them now and then for business purposes and not to transport passengers. In order to pass the road test, among other things you need to parallel park the bus at the very beginning if the test. That separates the boys from the men very quickly. I can't parallel park my car, but I can put a 45' motor coach 7" from the curb in one try. ;)

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

• 4 weeks later...

Detroit Diva,We live in Orlando but we are usually large parties which would be much more expensive if we all drove and paid for parking, so we started calling around for prices, the best price we received was from Orlando transportation & Tours, they were very friendly and accommodating, we have used them several times and they have always provided great service. I hope this helps!