Family Play Time

chinacat

We'll be on the Jan.28 sailing on Splendor with dd, sil and 2 gs ages 6 yrs and 14 months. I've been told there is daily family play time while camp is closed. From what i can find out this seems to be hit or miss depending on ship and camp staff. Does anyone have experience with this on the Splendor?

Thanks for any info.

Never experienced it, but I have seen it posted in the "Funtimes" and in the camp schedule. You can obtain one on embarkation day. Might I suggest you asked this question in the boards under "Special Interests" sub category "Family Cruise".

Those boards seem to handle those cruising with small children better then the general cruise line board.

We did Splendor at the end of January a few years ago with our 6 month old.

The play time was listed in the Fun Times, I believe it was about 8-10am about half of the days. We went maybe 2-3 times and stayed about 45 minutes. Only once was there another child.

It's really just a room of toys where you can sit and play with your child. It's quiet, safe and age-appropriate. One of the days one of the counselors came out and played with our child too.

Her interaction with our child and things we observed in Camp are among the main reasons we continue to sail Carnival.

fyi: That week we were told there were about 80 people under age 18 on board, half of which were under age 4. About 20 were under age 2, we only saw about 6 of them the entire time.

Something to consider as you are on the same ship at the same time of year(different location, we went to Mexico)

Archived