Room Locations and Balconies

kiwigirl

I know the ship isn't out yet, but I'm trying to make a decision between a guarenteed reservation or a 'regular' assigned room. We will be going on the Liberty for a holiday cruise leaving 12/24. My husband has agreed to a balcony room :D , now I'm trying to finalize the reservation. I got a pretty good quote for a guarenteed balcony room. Here's my questions.....Does it really make a difference where the room is located? Also, are the balconies private? I read somewhere (don't remember where or what ship, I've been reading so many posts over the last couple of days) that some balconies are not very private. As far as not knowing my room number until boarding, that is not a problem for me, I just want to make sure that I'm making the right choice.

Thanks -

denyse

I personally don't have to know where I am located until I board the ship. We were on the Legend in January of 2005 and booked a balcony guarantee and were very pleased, we were on the deck below Lido and it was a great location we were between midship and the front and had no problems. I think it is just what you prefer. This was our first balcony and I don't believe I will sail again without a balcony room. So nice to sit out on your own private balcony.

Good Luck

Pittypat

Thanks Pittypat.

This will be our first balcony also and I can't wait. I know my husband will love it. As I said, it doesn't really matter if I know where my room is before I get there or not. In fact, sometimes it can be a nice surprise. :) I'm looking forward to reading all about the ship as people return. My husband thinks I'm silly because I'm already excited about. He doesn't think I'll make it through 6 months.

- denyse

Booking a set cabin will cost you more. Private balconies? You are only a thin plexiglass sheet away from the next door neighbors. I dont know what you want with privacy- You can peak around the plexiglass to see the balcony next to you.

I like booking my own cabin. I dont like to take a chance of being over the disco-- or under the gym...even the jogging track. I like my sleep uninterrupted. I like my cabin to be inbetween decks of cabins and no public area. to me-its worththe extra cost of not knowing where I may be placed.

For your holiday sailing there may not be much to chose from.

Thanks. I wasn't expecting complete privacy, just wanted to know so that I could tell hubby - don't want him surprising anyone :D .

I have a hold on the guarantee for right now. I'll be deciding tomorrow.

Thanks. I wasn't expecting complete privacy, just wanted to know so that I could tell hubby - don't want him surprising anyone :D .

I have a hold on the guarantee for right now. I'll be deciding tomorrow.

You are private enough!! Tell Hubby not to worry he may come out of the shower and stand on his balcony with no worry's ,,unless you are in port.. Then another ship may be parked right outside your balcony.:eek: Not to worry thou you will be back out to sea soon!!!!!:)

LOL :D. I've let him know. Boy, I don't want you all to think he walks around like that all the time. He just sometimes doesn't think about windows and what people might be able to see:eek:.

I'm getting pretty excited about this cruise. I'm so glad that I found this website - I have already learned so much. Besides it's just fun to read all the reviews and see what everyone has to say about their cruises.

Thanks again everyone.

Archived