Celebrity Kids Club...

AJI2596

How is it? Will be traveling with our 8 yr old, 5 yr old and 1 yr old.

Thank you:)

NCL Breakaway 1-17-13

Celebrity Summit 6-29-13

Carnival Miracle 5-6-11

Carnival Miracle 5-1-08

Sea Princess '98

Carnival Holiday '93

Carnival Holiday '92

Carnival Ecstasy '91

Statendam '90

Carnival Miracle May 2011 Photos NYC-Carribean

Our Carnival Miracle 2008 Photos

Carnival Miracle Capers/Port Maps

Hi... We sailed on Celebrity Eclipse in 2011 with our then four-year-old son. The kids club was excellent. There were fewer kids than on some of the other mainstream cruise lines, but there were certainly enough children to make for a fun experience in the kids club. We also found that it was not crowded, and our son got lots of individual attention. We only used the club for a few hours here and there, but it was a very positive experience. There were no fancy play areas, but that didn't matter at all, since the staff had the kids engaged in lots of fun, organized activities. It was really nice to have an adult dinner a few times during the cruise, and our son had a good time in the club!

We went on Millie and had problems with the kid club. That along with another incident with our cabin/luggage are reasons we will most likely never sail Celebrity again.

We had issues with the sign in/sign out procedures as well as a safety incident.

-At one point we couldn't get in and there was no one around, so a 7 year old showed us how to reach over the desk to buzz ourselves in. :eek: I have no idea if this young child was coming or going, but there wasn't an adult(counselor or parent) in sight.

-Another time we were the only ones in the parent/toddler time and a 5 year old was asleep on the floor. This was in a different room from where the other kids were playing. The door wasn't even open. It was just my husband, myself, our kid, and this sleeping child who we did not know.

We were uncomfortable with this for two reasons

1) what if something happened to her, would we suddenly become responsible?

2) As a parent, it frightened me to think what if my own child was sleeping alone and total strangers were within feet of her! :eek: And recall what I mentioned about the gate to get in. Lucky for everyone, we are good honest people so there was no issue.

In light of the previous poster's response, I want to share that we were not allowed into the children's area of the kids' club on Eclipse. It was explained to us by the staff that no adults other than staff were allowed past the check-in area of the club. We were not even allowed to accompany our son inside and stay with him until he was comfortable. Fortunately, he settled in quickly so it wasn't a problem. I am not disputing the previous poster's account... just stating that wasn't our experience. Of course, our cruise was three years ago on a different Celebrity ship.

Edited by alj1208

We sailed on the Equinox in the Mediterranean summer 2011 with 14 year old and 8 year-old daughters. The teenager didn't care for the Celebrity teen program but my 8 year-old loved her program. She enjoyed the activities and made great friends (and has kept in touch). She spent most of the last evening in tears because she was so sad that the cruise was over and didn't want to say goodbye to her friends.

We checked her in and out at the desk as well. We were able to tour the facilities during the open house on the first day and we were also allowed in on the last night to collect crafts and say goodbye.

We have sailed on Princess (twice), Celebrity, Holland America, and Disney (twice) and my kids have loved the kids programs on Princess, Celebrity and Holland America. My younger daughter was only 2.5 on our first Disney cruise but 9 when we sailed with them during the holidays last year and the kids program was just too crowded for her. We have found that the lines that have fewer kids and smaller facilities work better for us. My daughter is all about making new friends and that is harder to do when the kids program is crowded.

Lisa

Must be a problem with Millie as I didn't care for what I saw there either. Parents do go through the gate for the parent/toddler program and we were the only ones. The room was full of media equipment and none of the toys had batteries (ok batteries are an issue on every cruise). We did have him walk around the entire kids area and he was allowed to play with us there. The staff was almost non existent and the time we were allowed to have in in the regular area there were few kids.

On the Century we didn't have a child yet but we met one of the staff members during an excursion. The kids club was very near our room and I asked if it would be ok to look in sometime and she said sure. I saw a lot of staff interacting with the kids.

I doubt we will ever sail celebrity again although our first cruise was amazing with them (more issues of deciding which cruise-line is best for our son - nothing to do with kids shouldn't go on Celebrity) but I do think that certain ships or certain crew rotations just aren't top notch (and this too is across cruise-lines).

We just got off a B2B on Summit with our four year old and he loved the kids' program. We were allowed in to see him or spend a little time with him, although we usually did not.

When we dropped by to check on him, he was never unsupervised and always having fun with at least one of the four staff members. He had an excellent time and we had a hard time getting him to leave the Fun Factory!

He did not spend time playing with electronics. They did a lot of crafts and games and active play and he enjoyed all those. They do movies between 12-2pm but he normally was at lunch with us and didn't stay for those times. He also never took part in the evening session as he goes to bed before 8pm.

I would definitely recommend the Fun Factory on Summit, at least.