Navigator or breakaway

I have a friend who just came off the Breakaway a few days ago. She wasn't impressed and said the service and the food was poor to fair. She didn't go into any more details.

Food and service were outstanding on the Epic. As I said earlier we only ate in the specialty restaurants. We were on the Oasis in May and only lasted in the MDR 2 nights, but discovered the specialty restaurants on the Oasis are not as good as the Epic. My TA swears Carnival has the best MDR food, but my husband won't sail on a Carnival ship.

Thanks for all the great input, I thought about celebrity, but I also thought the demo was geared to older crowds and not a 3 yo. But something to think about

Definitely think NCL is out of the running based on feedback. FYI, I posted the same question on the NCL board and didn't get 1 reply. I don't think that group has the passion that RCL does.

You have made a wise and excellent choice not to choose NCL. Trust me I have never had so many negatives on any ship ever in all my 50 cruises than what I had on that ship and other ncl ships (but the Breakaway had much more negatives)

Since your child is only 3 years old, won't be doing all the rock climbing, flow rider and all those other things, I think Celebrity is another good choice for you. They have two programs one called shipmates that is 3-5 year olds, the other is for 3 years and younger called Toddler time...this is my opinion:

I would cruise Celebrity this time since Im positive the toddler program (should you choose your child to attend this) is very good and established...when your child is a bit older then go on RC because your child be into the many things the ship has to offer for children. (rock climbing, flow rider, ice skating, zip line, etc) I found this about celebrity and I know RC offers same:

Babysitting Services

Parents, enjoy a night out. Use our babysitting services, in both the Fun Factory and in individual staterooms. For a fee of $6 per hour per child, children ages 3-11 can participate in the Afternoon Party from noon-2PM on port days and/or the evening Slumber Party from 10PM-1AM. For a fee of $19 per hour, for up to three children within the same family, parents can arrange for a private, in-stateroom babysitter, subject to availability. Children must be 12 months or older to be eligible for in-stateroom babysitting. Please arrange 24 hours in advance.

So....I say Celebrity to experience the dining and specialty restaurants you and your husband together (of course you can take your child also if you wish) and your next one RC but then if you choose RC I will say excellent choice too! RC is my favorite although I have not experienced celebrity YET. (I know 50 cruises I will very soon lol)

I've done the Summit to Bermuda...the entertainment doesn't even come close to NCL Epic...assuming Breakaway is very close to the Epic. The package to eat every night in the specialty restaurants is about $112...worth every penny. The summit is old and tired...I had the same cabin on the Summit that I had several years ago and couldn't believe it...ugh!

While the OP never even asked about Celebrity I just had to agree with you here about the entertainment on the Summit. We thought it was poor and dull . There were a few nights on that cruise we (and our family) were the only ones at the bars/lounges. By 10:00 pm it was like the ship went to sleep.

I also wouldn't return to a Celebrity M class ship with kids....not much for them to do and not too many other kids either....and this was the peak Summer season.

OP, If I were you I would look for the more fair and balanced reviews/comments. You can't go wrong with either ship and whatever you decide I'm sure you will have a great cruise.

Edited by roe2ship