Maasdam MTL to FTL: My review, anecdotes, survey comments, silly minutiae...

fishywood

We had a spa cabin on the Maasdam once and received slippers, a spa mat (which was hidden under the bed), fresh fruit plate in the afternoon, and supposely a mini fountain which was out for repair (which was fine with us - who needs water bubbling!). I guess these "amenities" are no longer provided and yes there was no spa amenity which I think there should have been at least one free or reduced something.

I believe the slippers and fresh fruit plate (which I never received) are amenities of all veranda cabins. I did receive the mini fountain, yoga mat, ipad dock and 5 bottles of water all of which I would exchange for a token on the New York subway.

Hello, Thanks for the great review and all the useful information, will help when we will be on this exact itinerary next fall 10-18-2014- by chance do you recall the formal nights as we tend to either go to lido or Canaletto those night, thanks again, John

- by chance do you recall the formal nights as we tend to either go to lido or Canaletto those night, thanks again, John

The formal nights were the third, seventh and eleventh nights. With such a port-intensive itinerary I think they just decided to schedule them equally spaced over the 13 nights rather than "logically" assign them to the one short port day (Gaspe day five) or the night we gained an hour of time back (Halifax day eight).

The formal nights were the third, seventh and eleventh nights. With such a port-intensive itinerary I think they just decided to schedule them equally spaced over the 13 nights rather than "logically" assign them to the one short port day (Gaspe day five) or the night we gained an hour of time back (Halifax day eight).

Excellent ,thanks to much for the information, will help tremendously:)

We started with HAL on the Amsterdam and were anxious to sail on the newer larger ships just because it was the new trend in sailing. Later on we took a few of the smaller ships but after the Maasdam and the Prinsendam we vowed only to do the larger ships if there were ports of importance to us. After just getting off the Disney Dream (for the heck of it), my feet really miss all the HAL ships!!