New Orleans - Early Flight

SConnolly

7am ship arrival, is 10am domestic flight possible?

It was 11am, but now we have a schedule change, next option is 3pm. It's on a Sat Dec 21st.

Not familiar with NOLA cruise terminal, airport.

I am familiar with RCCL's protocols but really don't want to sit in the airport for hours if at all possible and We could be back home if all goes well. Recognize there are risks....

Thanks

It was 11am, but now we have a schedule change, next option is 3pm. It's on a Sat Dec 21st.

I am familiar with RCCL's protocols but really don't want to sit in the airport for hours if at all possible and We could be back home if all goes well. Recognize there are risks....

Thanks

It might be doable but I would not book it that tight. On any (maybe most) given day three hours would not be enough without customs backed up. IMHO the three o'clock flight would make a leisurely breakfast and a gentle walk off the ship after most people have departed very nice. Then the ride to the airport and TSA would not be a rushed hassle. Good luck and enjoy your cruise! :)

Thanks

HAHAHA. We are on the same cruise with you. :D Let's see...it is the Saturday before Christmas, the airport will be a zoo. (my prediction of long security lines)

Our flight is at 11:40 AM, so we plan to do express walk off...if it is available. As you know, our 9 night cruise will be the first one following the transatlantic.

So hopefully they will have it together for early departures. :D It is about 30 minutes to the airport, and hopefully there will be a lot of cabs lined up for us.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you if you will do the same for us. :D:):D

And pray that there is no FOG coming up the Mississippi river. ;)

Edited by Coralc

I was supposed to be on this one with you all...We had to change as we have a wedding to attend in Dallas. But we are going to be on the serenade for our wedding anniversary in March. We have early flight then also. Its been changed twice by USair. So going for it. Just planning on express walk off.

Have a great time.

I was supposed to be on this one with you all...We had to change as we have a wedding to attend in Dallas. But we are going to be on the serenade for our wedding anniversary in March. We have early flight then also. Its been changed twice by USair. So going for it. Just planning on express walk off.

Have a great time.

Thanks! I do recall that you were supposed to join us. We are getting very excited about the cruise. :D

I am really hoping the flight works out, because of the holiday, it is unlikely that there will be much availability on other flights. :)

I've cruised out of NO many times on different cruise lines. I've never flown in and out of there but have done the self-walk off each time. We were out and on the road by 9am. That being said, I wouldn't do a 10:00am flight. Traffic to the airport could be unpredictable and it's not close to the port like FLL.

Since the airline changed the flight time, do a price compare with other airlines to get you out earlier than 3pm. You should be able to get a full refund with no penalty since they changed the time.

An alternative is to take the later flight and ask a hotel near the port to hold your luggage for a few hours. Many hotels have no problem doing this. There are a few within walking distance of Riverwalk. Then spend the morning walking around New Orleans. There is so many amazing and wonderful things to see in New Orleans to kill a few hours. Odds are this is the way I would go.

Edited by iluvcruzin

Thank you all for your speedy responses. Left the flight as is so afternoon it is.

Patti will look out for you in the lounge and introduce myself.

Another crazy week at work, so mentally I am ready to cruise.

Shay

We're looking forward to meeting you too, Shay. :D

We have about a 6 hour flight home, it is probably close to that, with your flight to the northeast.

It will be nice to get away to the Caribbean and miss a lot of the pre-Christmas frenzy and TV ads. And then to return just in time for the holiday. :D (And another day off)

~Patti :)