Bon Voyage Liquor

CShoaf21

They do infact deliver bottles via Room Service. The price is the same as BV. I've done it on 3 cruises, the last was in October.

AZT

This is one way to get more than 2 liters in you cabin, the other is to order additional liters, to be delivered on day 3-4 from BV online.

Sailing from Texas the liquor will not be waiting in your room. They will deliver it once you are in international waters. Thanks to Texas Liquor Laws...

Does that mean you still get it the same day, only after the ship has sailed away from port. Or do they deliver on day two? Thanks!

Yes, 2 bottles per cabin when ordering via phone or online. However, there is a way to order more, but if I disclose the method here, they will probably change it too....:) If you are interested, I could email you with the details, hopefully, they haven't already changed it.

Email the work around please gpgallo@att.net

Edited by xplor97

Nope, separate orders for different days doesn't work. It's all tied to the booking number and is limited to two alcohol items, total. I just ordered two bottles of champagne for delivery on sailing day. Closed out the order and went back to order beer to be delivered the next day. No dice won't let me do it.

Nope, separate orders for different days doesn't work. It's all tied to the booking number and is limited to two alcohol items, total. I just ordered two bottles of champagne for delivery on sailing day. Closed out the order and went back to order beer to be delivered the next day. No dice won't let me do it.

Oh well, they may have caught on, but be sure to close the browser, clear the caches etc... :confused:

Last time I used it was on Dec, 2012... Worked perfect...:)

Maybe, try the next day or two later and see what happens..

Edited by jwjax

I want to make sure I understand this because I have 2 cabins and I was able to order the following:

2 bottles of Absolut

2 bottles of Baccardi

4 bottles of wine

If you can take 2 bottles of wine in your carry on bag then that means we would have a total of 6 bottles of wine plus the 4 bottles of liquor. If you want I can post it.

I want to make sure I understand this because I have 2 cabins and I was able to order the following:

2 bottles of Absolut

2 bottles of Baccardi

4 bottles of wine

If you can take 2 bottles of wine in your carry on bag then that means we would have a total of 6 bottles of wine plus the 4 bottles of liquor. If you want I can post it.

If I understand correctly, you can only take 1 bottle of wine/champagne per adult.

It's all tied to the booking number. If you have two cabins with two different booking numbers then I assume you would get a double allowance. I don't know how you ordered eight bottles unless you did it prior to them locking it down. Now, I just hope room service will bring me some bottles of wine. I know at least I can carry on a couple.

It's all tied to the booking number. If you have two cabins with two different booking numbers then I assume you would get a double allowance. I don't know how you ordered eight bottles unless you did it prior to them locking it down. Now, I just hope room service will bring me some bottles of wine. I know at least I can carry on a couple.

I was totally wrong about this. When I went to actually check out it only let me purchase 4 bottles. I don't know what they were going to do with the rest. Sorry for the confusion.:rolleyes:

I believe you are charged at time of purchase, so purchase well after sailing.............we live in Delaware, home of the tax free state:eek:

I actually just tried it.

Day 1 order: one bottle of Canadian Club whiskey to be delivered in the day.

I was charged tax on this.

I then added a bottle of Rum to be delivered at night....and I was not charged tax :D

Kind of cool if you don't need all of your bottles when you board.

I live in Canada and here we pay about $40 for a litre of Canadian Club, plus 15% tax. So to pay $70 with no tax to have this delivered to my room...heck ya! No brainier. Changed it all to be delivered at Day 1 in the evening.

They do infact deliver bottles via Room Service. The price is the same as BV. I've done it on 3 cruises, the last was in October.

AZT

I have done this also, but it was 3 years ago on the Valor--price was same as BV. Sounds like it's still the same. They do not seem to advertise this, though--I had to ask for it.

I actually just tried it.

Day 1 order: one bottle of Canadian Club whiskey to be delivered in the day.

I was charged tax on this.

I then added a bottle of Rum to be delivered at night....and I was not charged tax :D

Kind of cool if you don't need all of your bottles when you board.

I live in Canada and here we pay about $40 for a litre of Canadian Club, plus 15% tax. So to pay $70 with no tax to have this delivered to my room...heck ya! No brainier. Changed it all to be delivered at Day 1 in the evening.

Down here we can get Canadian Windser on sale for as low as $10.99 for a fifth.....no tax!!

The cost of the Canadian Club is roughly the same whether it is bought in the US or Canada. However Big Brother governments in Canada heap on the taxes which easily triple the end cost. They tax everything ....... often and with gusto!

And that, my friends, is how we get "free" medical services in Canada.

The cost of the Canadian Club is roughly the same whether it is bought in the US or Canada. However Big Brother governments in Canada heap on the taxes which easily triple the end cost. They tax everything ....... often and with gusto!

And that, my friends, is how we get "free" medical services in Canada.

We DO pay taxes on luxery items, cigs, and booze, but it is hidden. The price on the bottle is what you pay.:cool: