IPad on Diamond Princess

Murgat

Is the Internet on Diamond compatible with using an iPad for email and Internet? I experienced issues on Oosterdam and the explanation was technical mismatch between the on board system and the iPad system. It was very erratic and dropped out even when using it in hot spots. I would prefer to leave the laptop at home. Thanks

Was on the Diamond from October 7-24. Ipad worked fine, except it would disconnect every time you went from one website to another. Think that's because of high demand rather than a hardware issue. Have used the Ipad aboard ship without problems for quite awhile. There were compatibility conflicts a few years ago.

Is the Internet on Diamond compatible with using an iPad for email and Internet? I experienced issues on Oosterdam and the explanation was technical mismatch between the on board system and the iPad system. It was very erratic and dropped out even when using it in hot spots. I would prefer to leave the laptop at home. Thanks
I think they were pulling your leg. It's been years since I've had a problem with my iPhone or iPad on either a Princess or HAL ship. Yes, the WiFi can be dropped but you can almost always reconnect by selecting the Princess WiFi again. However, make sure you're using the Internet at less popular times. If there's heavy usage or people are Skyping or uploading/downloading photos, others will find themselves dropped or with extremely slow connections as these are huge bandwidth users. I usually use my iPhone or iPad either early in the morning before 7am, between 6-8pm or very late at night. I just returned from 18 days on the Royal and had a few problems but those were related to where the ship was sailing than my devices.

The wifes works like a charm on board. Just remember it isn't free. You will have to purchase a package of internet minutes and pay the $4 hookup fee. You can also pay as you go by the minute $.75/min but that isn't the way to go. Internet at sea is expensive and very slow.

I always use my iPad on my Princess cruises. No problems other than Internet being slow at times.

I can remember when you had to be "downstairs" in the atrium to use the Internet, as it wasn't available in the cabins. That was many years ago. Now, I can be anywhere on the ship and have access - HC, Atrium. Cabin, or balcony. Works like a charm, except sometimes it is a little slow. Transatlantic last year had very slow Internet.

Archived