Help with Juneau excursion

flcruiser69

Looking some advice on what to do!! We are a family of 10 and want to do Harv and Marv. We will be there in mid June, arriving at 6:30 and departing at 4:00 on Wed. They gave two times to my mother in law for a private boat either 7:50 or 9:50.

I also wanted to try and do the dog sledding on mendenhall glacier but not sure if we have enough time to do that.

What time would you pick?? And do most people have enough time to do more than just one excursion?? Wishing we had more time there!! Thanks for the help!!

We absolutely LOVED the floatplane trip out to Taku Lodge from Wings Airways. The flight is amazing...about thirty minutes... The views are amazing. So many glaciers. I sat on the left side of the plane, and took some amazing pictures. ImageUploadedByForums1383534745.297571.jpg.9145ad658729438fe2fe43c5c6fee589.jpg The lodge itself is across a river from one of the only glaciers in the world that is actually growing. Awesome salmon dinner and biscuits I still dream of. High chance to see bears as they love the outdoor grill where the salmon is grilled. Truly one of the highlights of our trip.

Yes, you certainly have time for 2 excursions. It doesn't matter what time you pick for a whale watch, you will see what you happen to see, but, with 2 excursions, I would select the earlier time.

Then have H&M drop you off at the airport, or arrange a cab. IF you go back and forth downtown, you are adding at least an hour, but, depending on your tour times, possible to be doable. Depends on YOU.

There are 3 companies to choose from for a Helicopter dog sledding tour out of Juneau. You state Mendenhall, you realize that is only one company? And no better/worse than any other?

With a group of 10, I also question, how they can all have the same interest? I would suggest splitting up if some are just being brought along to stay with the group. Alaska is loaded with superb tours, and high costs. Go with the person's interests.

Yes, you certainly have time for 2 excursions. It doesn't matter what time you pick for a whale watch, you will see what you happen to see, but, with 2 excursions, I would select the earlier time.

Then have H&M drop you off at the airport, or arrange a cab. IF you go back and forth downtown, you are adding at least an hour, but, depending on your tour times, possible to be doable. Depends on YOU.

There are 3 companies to choose from for a Helicopter dog sledding tour out of Juneau. You state Mendenhall, you realize that is only one company? And no better/worse than any other?

With a group of 10, I also question, how they can all have the same interest? I would suggest splitting up if some are just being brought along to stay with the group. Alaska is loaded with superb tours, and high costs. Go with the person's interests.

Thanks for the response. To answer your question about all 10 of us doing the same excursion. We don't get a choice. This trip is being paid by my husbands parents and we were told that all of us have to do everything together!! Im hoping to be sane after the 13 days of land then cruise with these people!! :eek::eek::eek:

Thanks for the response. To answer your question about all 10 of us doing the same excursion. We don't get a choice. This trip is being paid by my husbands parents and we were told that all of us have to do everything together!! Im hoping to be sane after the 13 days of land then cruise with these people!! :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry, you are adults, so what if they are waving their money around, spend your own.

Alaska has some excellent tours, that aren't to be missed- IF an interest.

We are all different- but I do what I want, and don't care what anyone else does. I live for today. This has been an especially bad year- I've missed 3 cruises due to heath- I never compromised what I did, and won't be starting either.

IF there is something you really want to see or do- consider doing it.

Archived