pools on Magic

cadu43

i read that the childrens pool is closed on sea days due to too much water motion. Has that been the experience of others? At what age can children use the family pool and is that open on sea days?

Any child that is completely potty trained can use the family pool. But you would want them to be a good swimmer because it does not have a shallow end and there are no steps into it, just ladders. I'm not sure how deep it is, but it is plenty deep enough for an adult to swim in. Probably4 1/2 to 5 feet deep.

The kiddie pool rarely closes. It is closed for a few minutes for cleaning, usually done on days you are in port. The first day it is sometimes closed until about 1:00 P.M. due to maintenance. But right after lunch the kids start playing in it. We were on the Magic in 30 foot swells and 65 MPH strong cross winds and they closed the kiddie pool, but the others were open. The pools looked like wave pools at a water park. Definately could of been dangerous for a young child. This does not happen often. The only reason it was extra rough even with the strong seas was because the stabilizers wern't working. We found this out after we got home. So I wouldnt worry about that happening, the chances are very slim. We have done 7 DCL cruises and that was the only time it happened. Then it was only for a short time.

mom x4,grandma x4

It's not only DCL. I have been on ships where it was 90 degrees and sunny outside, but because the seas were so high, they had to close the pools. Let me tell you, coming from WI in March, all I want is to sit in the warm sun and swim. It was way to hot to stay outside without having a pool to dunk in, so everyone spent the last day of our cruise inside airconditioning. BUT, they only close the pools when it is too rough and there is danger of passengers getting hurt.

We were in the Goofy pool during one of the more "wavier" days of our cruise and it was a lot of fun - as said above it was like a wave pool. Didn't close though. Mickey pool only closed once for an "accident" and the rest of the time it was open for use. We cruised in January. Great seas.

Archived