Negril experience - margeritaville and cliff divers

USA41018

Visiting Jamaica on the Carnival Magic in April. Not one of my favorite ports and considering the above excursion through Carnival. Has anyone done this. What did you think. Were you transported on a bus or a van. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I visited Jamaica once before and was on a mini bus and was involved in a fatal head-on collison in Montego Bay. I am inquiring about what type of vehicle will take you to Negril through Carnival's Shore Excursion. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am a little nervous since I will be traveling with children.

Visiting Jamaica on the Carnival Magic in April. Not one of my favorite ports and considering the above excursion through Carnival. Has anyone done this. What did you think. Were you transported on a bus or a van. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure about the transportation, but I would guess it's in a van. Rick's Cafe (where you're probably going for the cliff divers) is a lot of fun. Food is OK, pricy. Take lots of $$ extra to tip the divers. They walk around with a coffee can and when they get enough money they will jump for you. You can also take the plunge yourself if you are so inclined. They have a pool at the bar so that's nice for cooling off if it's too hot! Wear your suit!

Margaritaville in Negril is small compared to the others in Jamaica, but it's right on the beach so that's nice. I would do this if I were going to be in MBJ (my least favorite port in Jamaica). I LOVE the Negril area!!