Tipping after prepaid gratuities

MellowJello

We tend to tip our personal guides we hire at Ports. 1/2 the time we wander ourselves, and at time we hire a personal guide who we tip if he/she does above and beyond.

We don't use porters, bartenders, room service, so those tips are out. Room steward gets his auto-gratuity if he does well.

What is this about a $2.00 alternative?? Never heard of it.

It's money they pay to salaried employees. Instead of raising your fare by $14 for a weeks cruise, they are now adding fare money to the tip pool. Problem is, they are not tips.

Usaually a $1 or 2 for room service, But I always Pre tip :eek:(Bribe more like it) the room steward, have done so every cruise and have gotten service Byond what I would exspect , They keep my cooler fresh with ice, Leave us numerous towel animals that we request( we like a zoo) and always have fresh clean robes/pool towels almost daily.

John

They do the same for me with no bribe up front.

It's money they pay to salaried employees. Instead of raising your fare by $14 for a weeks cruise, they are now adding fare money to the tip pool. Problem is, they are not tips.

I see the dead horse rearing its ugly head again....how could a dead horse raise its head?:confused:

Don't all employees have a salary?:cool: (be it cash or room adn board or whatever?)

Of course they are. If they had it their way, you'd be paying as you go.

I have no problem with their plan. They can call it tip salary bribe. I am fine with it as it works just fine. Not quite sure what paying as you go means tho......

I have no problem with their plan. They can call it tip salary bribe. I am fine with it as it works just fine. Not quite sure what paying as you go means tho......

That's fine. Both the fare you pay and the tips you distribute affect no one but yourself. I'm even quiet when i FIND MY CABIN NEIGHBORS PAID SIGNIFICANTLY MORE FOR THEIR CRUISE THAN i DID.

cap off. no shouting intended. :o

That's fine. Both the fare you pay and the tips you distribute affect no one but yourself. I'm even quiet when i FIND MY CABIN NEIGHBORS PAID SIGNIFICANTLY MORE FOR THEIR CRUISE THAN i DID.

cap off. no shouting intended. :o

Don't take it the wrong way, but I can pretty much guarantee I paid less than you. (no caps required)