Prepaid Service Charge on Confirmation???

rhinomike

So we have 2 cruises booked with NCL. The first one is next March on the Star. It is a Mexico cruise. On our confirmation I noticed that it has a Prepaid Service Charge listed for all of the guest.

We also have a Europe Cruise booked for next June on the Spirit. It does not show this Prepaid Service Charge listed....

I am wondering why it is listed on the Star but not the Spirit.... Is there a reason or is this just the way the NCL Rep did the booking?

Not sure if I want to prepay them or not. That is not the issue. I have always just let them bill my card once onboard.

I am just wondering why it was added to one confirmation and not the other. We booked them with the same NCL Rep and at almost the same time.....

My confirmations and MYNCL only shows prepaid service charges when they have been prepaid as a perk by the TA. I don't recall NCL ever offering this. Has your credit card been billed for the service charges?

Huh? It's right there in the Vacation Summary Page!

scrsh1.png

OP: Call your PCC. There is some sort of mistake. The pre-paid DSC should show not only on your confirmation document, but also on MyNCL.

Edited by triptolemus

Huh? It's right there in the Vacation Summary Page!

scrsh1.png

OP: Call your PCC. There is some sort of mistake. The pre-paid DSC should show not only on your confirmation document, but also on MyNCL.

What I was suggesting was that perhaps the service charges had actually BEEN paid, either in error by the PCC OR, that it was part of an NCL sale, but that I have never seen this offered by NCL, only by TAs. That is why I asked the OP if his credit card had been billed for the charges. I am aware that the prepaid service charges show both on the confirmation and MYNCL and I said so in my post.

The OP, as you said, is going to have to call his PCC.

This thread is fast becoming an example of why people should respond ONLY to the OP and not to the other posters on the thread...

Nothing good ever comes from two posters hijacking it by carrying on a running dialog between themselves.

This thread is fast becoming an example of why people should respond ONLY to the OP and not to the other posters on the thread...

Nothing good ever comes from two posters hijacking it by carrying on a running dialog between themselves.

Perhaps you shouldn't use so many run-on sentences. Re-read it; your post was confusing.

Simple as that. You don't need to try to out-wit.

I responded to the post by Triptolemus as he was apparently so confused by mine. Are you setting the rules for Cruise Critic now, Sea Shark? Surely I am not the first to respond to another poster in order to expand on or clarify a point. Actually, Tripto was the first to hijack by his "huh?" comment.;)

OP, let us know what you find out.

Edited by punkincc

Incidentally, the thread was OVER at post #2.

Everything after that is hijack as far as I can tell.

Hey - have a nice afternoon... I'm just screwin' around. :)

Yes, nothing useful is being added at this point. But it is up to those who post on Cruise Critic to determine whether or not they have something useful to add.

Yes the charges are being billed to my credit card.

I thought that maybe since the Spirit Cruise was in Europe they didn't add the service charge. I heard tipping is different in Europe.

But if other members are not automatically being charged or the prepay service charge then there was an error.

Yes the charges are being billed to my credit card.

I thought that maybe since the Spirit Cruise was in Europe they didn't add the service charge. I heard tipping is different in Europe.

But if other members are not automatically being charged or the prepay service charge then there was an error.

So have you called your PCC yet for clarification?

DSC != tip