Question for all the Pride Cruisers

jwlnroe

Ok so question for those who have sailed the Pride out of Baltimore in the winter months. How often does the ship come back into port later than it should? What is the earliest you have been off the ship? Just wondering as the only flight I can take on the sunday we will get back is at 12:50pm otherwise we will have to stay till Monday so wondering how likely it will be for us to make this or if we should just have our back up plan to stay an extra night before we can fly home.

Ok so question for those who have sailed the Pride out of Baltimore in the winter months. How often does the ship come back into port later than it should? What is the earliest you have been off the ship? Just wondering as the only flight I can take on the sunday we will get back is at 12:50pm otherwise we will have to stay till Monday so wondering how likely it will be for us to make this or if we should just have our back up plan to stay an extra night before we can fly home.

We sailed the Pride in Feb. 2010 from Baltimore, and we were off the ship closer to noon as best I can recall. We're sailing the Pride again in Feb 2014, but we are within driving distance of the pier. If I were you, I'd probably play it safe, and have a back-up plan. You never know what the weather might be like at that time of year, or whether something else might delay the return to Baltimore.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

yeah thats what i'm thinking even though i'll be anxious to get back to see my kids after being gone for so long lol. . I have back up flights for monday morning so we shall see what happens.. now i need to find a airport hotel so I have that as a back up as well.

Is the water really rough that time of year going down along the coast? only ever cruised out of Miami and San Juan so just curious what kind of weather besides it being cold..

Honestly, we didn't have bad weather going down the coast. We lucked out because there were two snowstorms in Philly, a week or two before we went away and we were worried about the weather and any possible rough seas, because we usually sail in Sept. Our cruise that year was very smooth both ways. Our temps in Fla. were in the high 60's, low 70's, Nassau was about 80, and Freeport was very hot and humid. Our cruise in 2010 was so smooth, that my brother-in-law didn't know until we were about an hour or so out of Freeport that we had actually left Freeport.

We have sailed from Baltimore and Bayonne many times during the winter, the only time we were extremely late was on the Massdam going back to Norfolk, Va. The waters CAN be very rough, or smooth. It is the luck of the draw.

See you on board!!! I'll bet you will make that plane;)

in 2014, we decided we're going to play it safe too, and go to Baltimore the day before the cruise, in case of bad weather. In 2010 there were four couples, so we used a limo service, and we weren't too worried about the ride to Baltimore, but in 2014 we'll be driving, so we're hoping to use one of the Park and Cruise hotel deals where we can park the car for a week, and use their shuttle service to and from the pier.

We have sailed from Baltimore and Bayonne many times during the winter, the only time we were extremely late was on the Massdam going back to Norfolk, Va. The waters CAN be very rough, or smooth. It is the luck of the draw.

See you on board!!! I'll bet you will make that plane;)

Hey :-) Yup see ya on board :) i'm hoping we make it but if not oh well will just figure it out when the time comes.. I fly stand by so we will just get on whatever ones we can make and if we have to stay one more night I guess my kids will just get an extra night with the grand parents LOL :)

yeah we are flying in 2 days before hand this time around

Edited by jwlnroe

Yes, the park and cruise deals are the same or even cheaper than the parking at the port, and you start your vacation a day sooner!:D

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Stadium, Russel St, and had a game the night before, we were parked in, and had to order out, limited parking. I guess they did not have a shuttle to the harbor then 2010 as a lot of us CCers, hooked up in the lobby and ate together. No place to walk except the game, saw part of the end field from our room.

Nice hotel inside, nice shuttle.

Stayed at a nameless :eek: hotel on rt 40 once....they upgraded us to a more expensive room. We walk in the door and saw red, yes all red and mirrors, a red heart shaped Jacuzzi, round bed, mirrors on the ceiling, red lighting........hey, I was afraid to turn on the TV!!!!! DH did, and yes we also got a few of those channels. We have pictures somewhere, and we also had fun with it, hey our adult kids will not believe this ;) Not Mom & Dad!!! The shuttle was a car taking one couple at a time, and on the way back, only one couple at a time, and it was freezing. Make sure the shuttle is a BIG van.

Not sure what we are doing this time as my BIL is going with us......maybe he can sleep in the tub, it was big enough!!!!:eek:

Are we there yet???