Bon Voyage

kl25th

WOW have the prices gone up, we always buy a bottle of Jim Beam to have in our room.....last year I paid $40.00 and this year it is $70.00....seriously I know they need to make money, but dang that is a lot.....looks like some smuggling will have to happen this cruise. :D

Edited by kl25th

That $22 is for a 375ml bottle. Carnival bottles are a full liter.

They've gone up considerably in the past year though. I booked a cruise for early summer 14, and was shocked at the prices of the bottles. I guess this is to encourage more people to sign up for the AYCD (15 drink max per day) plan.

I was already planning on signing up for that, but I did want to have a back up bottle in the room just to make sure we didn't have to go find a bar if we were in the mood for a late nightcap.

I agree, that is way to much of an increase...

Just saw the price list for Princess and a bottle of Crown is $22 and I paid $70 for Alaska through Carnival...

Serious price difference!

Have ordered from Princess and Carnival bon voyage.

Yes it is a serious price difference but you fail to mention that the bottle of Crown from Princess is only 375 ml. Carnival's bottle of Crown is 1 liter.

You would have to order 3 bottles of Crown on Princess to equal Carnival's bottle so the true price is $66 on Princess for the same amount of $70 on Carnival.

Edited by ready2cruzagain