Regal Princess pricing for summer 2014

Adventures ahead

This is anyone's guess:

We want to do the Med cruise from Barcelona to Venice.

I read that Princess will have fewer ships in Med/Europe next summer.

Last summer the prices dropped on the Royal in the spring and reduced airfare was offered, as much as $500/pp.

Supply and demand: With fewer ships in the Med/Europe, it could, potentially, sell out.

Do you think there will be more deals for next summer to fill the Regal, beyond the current '3 for FREE Sales Event'?

This is anyone's guess:

Last summer the prices dropped on the Royal in the spring and reduced airfare was offered, as much as $500/pp.

Supply and demand: With fewer ships in the Med/Europe, it could, potentially, sell out.

Do you think there will be more deals for next summer to fill the Regal, beyond the current '3 for FREE Sales Event'?

The Regal being a new ship , the prices aren't likely to go down. New ships usually attract higher fares/demand for about 2 seasons. Last summer the Royal prices didn't go down a lot but the ship was full almost all cruises.

• 1 month later...
This is anyone's guess:

We are also looking at cruising to the Med on June this year,so hopefully there are some great savings being offered,but will wait and see.

I'm the OP. We booked during the previous 3-for-3 sale back in November. We decided to go for it because it's my retirement cruise (latest excuse to cruise):D and really didn't want to do a different one on a different date.

I check the price every couple of days and so far the price hasn't gone down any further. At the moment, the insides are actually a couple of hundred/pp more and the obstructed balconies are a couple of hundred/pp less. They have a different 3-for-3 promotion on now, that's not as good as the initial one.

Still a fair number of cabins left so I'll continue to check daily to see if we can score a price adjustment or, better yet, receive an upgrade:)

I'm the OP. We booked during the previous 3-for-3 sale back in November. We decided to go for it because it's my retirement cruise (latest excuse to cruise):D and really didn't want to do a different one on a different date.

I check the price every couple of days and so far the price hasn't gone down any further. At the moment, the insides are actually a couple of hundred/pp more and the obstructed balconies are a couple of hundred/pp less. They have a different 3-for-3 promotion on now, that's not as good as the initial one.

Still a fair number of cabins left so I'll continue to check daily to see if we can score a price adjustment or, better yet, receive an upgrade:)

That's good that you found something that works for your retirement cruise. :)

If we were able to accurately predict "supply & demand" then Princess would gladly hire us. ;) I booked last October's Med/TA on the Royal on the 1st day it was available & in 18 months of frequently checking the price never decreased. That didn't surprise me because there was more demand than availability for that cruise.

If you're not participating in your cruise's rollcall that's where I'd also check. That's another way I've learned about price reductions and I've also provided that information to others to help them save money also.

One time I had a nonrefundable nontransferable deposit so I couldn't get a price reduction. Instead they gave me an "upgrade" to a better cabin that was the same price as my less expensive cabin.

Edited by Astro Flyer