Priceline San Juan Nov 28-Dec 1

kolson66

Has anyone Priceline'd a room for any of the dates listed above? Their best deal is 4 star...wondering which hotel. Thanks.

Yes, we did make a bid for a 4-star hotel on priceline and got a room at the Marriott Stellaris. You don't know what hotel till after you bid, but you can choose the star hotel you want.

Yes, we did make a bid for a 4-star hotel on priceline and got a room at the Marriott Stellaris. You don't know what hotel till after you bid, but you can choose the star hotel you want.

Would you please post the cost?

Thanks.

Edited by Luke gs Daddy

Oh no, you may break my heart...I have a room reserved there for the 28th checking out Dec 1st...I've been hesitant to bid for a lower price, as I love what this hotel seems to offer and was doubtful the Stellaris would be "my prize". I'm paying $680 for three nights through Expedia and it says it includes the resort fee (partial ocean view)

So, of course I'm curious as to your total through priceline...as of today, the Stellaris room rate is through the roof.

Thanks,

Karyn

Oh no, you may break my heart...I have a room reserved there for the 28th checking out Dec 1st...I've been hesitant to bid for a lower price, as I love what this hotel seems to offer and was doubtful the Stellaris would be "my prize". I'm paying $680 for three nights through Expedia and it says it includes the resort fee (partial ocean view)

So, of course I'm curious as to your total through priceline...as of today, the Stellaris room rate is through the roof.

Thanks,

Karyn

I know this is comparing apples to oranges (dates), but we got the Stellaris in April'14 on their Express Deals for $163 (partial ocean).

To answer your question about the Marriott, I bid through Priceline about a week and a half ago for November 30 and December 1st (post cruise nights). I put in 4 star only and won the Marriott for both nights at $110 each night. This does not include taxes or resort fee, but I'm happy with the price. I did have to bid 3 different nights before I was successful. For my pre-cruise night, I also bid 4 star and won the Sheraton for $93 a night so you are not guaranteed what you might end up with, but most times that I have used Priceline, I'm happy with the results.

Penny :)

Thanks,

Karyn

Don't fret about what you paid. You wanted the Stellaris and you didn't want to "roll the dice" with blind bidding and end up with something else.

One thing - be sure to take a screen shot of the reservation, showing it includes the resort fee, and take it with you. Sometimes, the Front Desk Agents will not realize the resort fee is included and not take off the auto posting for it...

Edited by slidergirl

Don't fret about what you paid. You wanted the Stellaris and you didn't want to "roll the dice" with blind bidding and end up with something else.

One thing - be sure to take a screen shot of the reservation, showing it includes the resort fee, and take it with you. Sometimes, the Front Desk Agents will not realize the resort fee is included and not take off the auto posting for it...

I am expecting them to give me a hard time about the resort fee. I am wondering if Expedia made a mistake and also whether Marriott will honor what my printed reservation says.

Has anyone else reserved through Expedia and had the resort fee included?