early saver or past guest offer.

CarnieAddict

Depends on the scenario. The further out the cruise is and if I think there might be a chance I'll have to cancel ill book past guest. If it's in the 6-9 month time grand and I'm pretty sure ill book early saver. And obviously if it's a last minute thing ill book whatever is available since ES is gone ;)

You get price drops until final payment date with PG. All ES gets you is price drops after final pymt. I'm a lot less enthusiastic about ES now than I was when I first started cruising. I find I'm more of a book at a price I'm happy with and walk away kind of guy and in my experience most of my price drops have actually happened prior to final payment anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will get the price drops for past guest if you book early saver. So either way you are covered with the price reductions.

Hey I noticed you were on the miracle a couple times. What cabin did you stay in. I'm planning Hawaii and a premium balcony.

I like ES. On our hawaii cruise last year (balcony room) we had 300 OBC and most of it came after the final payment date. For our cruise out of San Juan this March, we have received $200 credit for a 4J room. Our final payment is not due until the 3rd week in December. Just remember there are some restrictions with ES.

We have never cruised before and recently booked the Carnival Splendor for March 2013. At the time of booking we got a category upgrade for our interior room to a 4G and a $200.00 OBC. I looked on the fare viewer last night and saw that the price of the cruise went down by about $250.00. When I called the travel agent to request the price adjustment I was told that I would lose the OBC that I already have. How does this work as I have seen some people are able to keep the OBC they have received at the time of booking along with whatever price drops they may encounter prior to last payment. Any clarification would be most appreciated.

We do early saver usually, however its a lot of work. Always have to check the prices, then submit the form and we usually get a price drop.

However sometimes I feel that, its annoying to have to check.

Having said that, its nice always having an obc

We have never cruised before and recently booked the Carnival Splendor for March 2013. At the time of booking we got a category upgrade for our interior room to a 4G and a $200.00 OBC. I looked on the fare viewer last night and saw that the price of the cruise went down by about $250.00. When I called the travel agent to request the price adjustment I was told that I would lose the OBC that I already have. How does this work as I have seen some people are able to keep the OBC they have received at the time of booking along with whatever price drops they may encounter prior to last payment. Any clarification would be most appreciated.

I am curious about this as well. We have 5 rooms booked on the Breeze in May 2014. 4 were booked on our last cruise at a discounted rate and each have $225 OBC. The 5th room is at ES with no OBC. The rates for the 4 rooms are lower now but I was told we would lose all of our OBC.

Carnival does not want to give more then they have to. This is the chance you take. They are taking all these weird fares and started simplifying it. We booked with the National cruise sale. But if any change are going to be made we have to do it before we pay in full. Its a pain to keep checking but I like having extra money on the ship. Now on ours we get a $200 obc but when we looked at it we were saving somewhat but we actually end up paying for that. Allot of people think its a great deal but you are paying for the difference. We do have friends going on the same cruise who booked after us and they are paying the same price but are not getting the OBC. Working with an agent is great because they can find all of the hidden loop holes . If they are good they will keep an eye on your cruise for you.

We've booked ES in the past and have had some awesome price drops. (Last cruise was enough that we were concerned with spending it all! LOL). However, for the next cruise we opted for PG as we may need to make changes depending on our circumstances.

I am curious about this as well. We have 5 rooms booked on the Breeze in May 2014. 4 were booked on our last cruise at a discounted rate and each have $225 OBC. The 5th room is at ES with no OBC. The rates for the 4 rooms are lower now but I was told we would lose all of our OBC.

You need to figure if losing your OBC would be worth it or not. For example you booked a room for $300 with $50 OBC, then the rate went down to $250, you would lose your original credit but gain it back as a refund to your balance or if no balance as OBC. Say the rate is now $200 you would lose your $50 but gain $100.

On the other hand if the new rate is $275, you would lose your original $50 but gain $25 so you would be better off keeping the original OBC, Hope this makes sense.:)