Condition Of Emerald Princess?

TomCruises

I know she had a dry dock in January of this year.Just searching for opinions!

Can you expand of the dry dock dates? We were on her from January 6 - 26, 2013 and I know that she had another cruise starting the 26th. Don't believe she was in dry dock during New Years.

Can you expand of the dry dock dates? We were on her from January 6 - 26, 2013 and I know that she had another cruise starting the 26th. Don't believe she was in dry dock during New Years.

Princess only commented January 6 days in dry dock!

I cruised on The Emerald Princess for 16 days in September. IMO the ship was pretty much in ship shape. There were many "comfort things" I really noticed. The bed was really good, there was a newish View Sonic TV at a good angle (I DID NOT see the usual ghost images as I am very short) I had no issues with temperature in my cabin as it was maintained pretty well. The public areas were well kept up looking. One thing I really appreciated was that it was not a Freezing cold ship. I hardly had to wear my jacket around the ship. I felt Emerald Princess was a comfortable ship to cruise on.

I cruised on The Emerald Princess for 16 days in September. IMO the ship was pretty much in ship shape. There were many "comfort things" I really noticed. The bed was really good, there was a newish View Sonic TV at a good angle (I DID NOT see the usual ghost images as I am very short) I had no issues with temperature in my cabin as it was maintained pretty well. The public areas were well kept up looking. One thing I really appreciated was that it was not a Freezing cold ship. I hardly had to wear my jacket around the ship. I felt Emerald Princess was a comfortable ship to cruise on.

Thanks for the update. Good to hear....we're booked on her in January.

Do you happen to know if you can still hook up a dvd player to the new T.V.'s? Hope they didn't add "pay per view", like they did on Carnival and it really messed things up. Thanks!:)

Do you happen to know if you can still hook up a dvd player to the new T.V.'s? Hope they didn't add "pay per view", like they did on Carnival and it really messed things up. Thanks!:)

Honestly, I did not even notice if there was a way to hook up a DVD player since I did not have one to try to hook up. The back of the TV would be a little difficult to get to. There was a "TV Guide" listing many movies on each of the various days. I did not notice On-Demand or Pay-Per-View. Sorry I do not have the answer for you.

Honestly, I did not even notice if there was a way to hook up a DVD player since I did not have one to try to hook up. The back of the TV would be a little difficult to get to. There was a "TV Guide" listing many movies on each of the various days. I did not notice On-Demand or Pay-Per-View. Sorry I do not have the answer for you.

Oh, well. We will just have to wait and see. Not a huge problem. Thanks!:)

Assuming your correct and I'm not as told by a Princess Staff Member it was January,I was darn close!!

Dec 7th and returning to service in FLL the 17 as documented (blogged) by Pescado Amarillo. Just now looked to check.

That's authoritative in my book ;)

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Edited by sminfiddle

with regret we just diembarked the emerald on saturday...the ship was in GREAT shape, the crew was wonderful, in spite of some "challenging" passengers...we were in an inside room and it was not difficult to hook a dvd or a camera up to the new television...enjoy your cruise!

Dec 7th and returning to service in FLL the 17 as documented (blogged) by Pescado Amarillo. Just now looked to check.

That's authoritative in my book ;)

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

LOL... that's exactly where I looked to check the dates!!! :D

with regret we just diembarked the emerald on saturday...the ship was in GREAT shape, the crew was wonderful, in spite of some "challenging" passengers...we were in an inside room and it was not difficult to hook a dvd or a camera up to the new television...enjoy your cruise!

Oh, goodie!:) That is great news. Thanks so much. Do tell about the "challenging passengers" :D Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Julie

We just got off the Emerald after a 2-week Canada/New England cruise. We had no complaints about any aspect of the ship itself and the crew was one of the friendliest and most helpful that we've ever had. Unfortunately for me, the food in the main dining rooms, buffet, and International Cafe was excellent and I happily ate much more than planned. We enjoyed a Princess Theatre show every evening and also went to lectures, teas, line dancing, and other daytime activities. I just hope that our coming cruise on the Star will be as good.

Oh, goodie!:) That is great news. Thanks so much. Do tell about the "challenging passengers" :D Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Julie

every cruise we take there seems to be a small minority of passengers that feel compelled to complain about something...on the emerald one has to REALLY look hard to find something that isnt perfect....but as always ...you wiil hear the complainers...

2 examples..guy in the buffet...plate overflowing with food ...packed so high ,if you packed snow on the plate you could ski off it!!! his comment?...the food really has been bad on dis cruise"..

or the crowed dining room with staff working their butts off trying to please the passengers....a table mate's comment?.." i have been here 10 minutes (actually it was 4 minutes)..and they havent take our order yet.. this is totally unacceptable"...

my wife and i found another table....

every cruise we take there seems to be a small minority of passengers that feel compelled to complain about something...on the emerald one has to REALLY look hard to find something that isnt perfect....but as always ...you wiil hear the complainers...

2 examples..guy in the buffet...plate overflowing with food ...packed so high ,if you packed snow on the plate you could ski off it!!! his comment?...the food really has been bad on dis cruise"..

or the crowed dining room with staff working their butts off trying to please the passengers....a table mate's comment?.." i have been here 10 minutes (actually it was 4 minutes)..and they havent take our order yet.. this is totally unacceptable"...

my wife and i found another table....

Yes, some people really do need an "attitude adjustment" I always feel bad when people give the employees a hard time. We have "voted with our feet" in some instances, just as you did! :)

We just got off the Emerald after a 2-week Canada/New England cruise. We had no complaints about any aspect of the ship itself and the crew was one of the friendliest and most helpful that we've ever had. Unfortunately for me, the food in the main dining rooms, buffet, and International Cafe was excellent and I happily ate much more than planned. We enjoyed a Princess Theatre show every evening and also went to lectures, teas, line dancing, and other daytime activities. I just hope that our coming cruise on the Star will be as good.

Sounds fabulous! Glad you enjoyed your cruise, and thanks for sharing. We will be on a 20 day Caribbean by this time next week, and I am SO excited! :)

Sounds fabulous! Glad you enjoyed your cruise, and thanks for sharing. We will be on a 20 day Caribbean by this time next week, and I am SO excited! :)

And I'm excited to read this! We'll be on a 20 day aboard her in March. Please report back with your impressions & experiences! :)