Condition Of Emerald Princess?

TomCruises

And I'm excited to read this! We'll be on a 20 day aboard her in March. Please report back with your impressions & experiences! :)

Will do! I've never been on a cruise of this length, so it will be interesting to see how that goes. Inside cabin, as well, so it's a good thing that D.H. and I are good friends!:D It is port-intensive, so that will be nice.

Will do! I've never been on a cruise of this length, so it will be interesting to see how that goes. Inside cabin, as well, so it's a good thing that D.H. and I are good friends!:D It is port-intensive, so that will be nice.

It will be our very first Princess cruise, and we will be in an inside cabin as well! We did a 21 day on HAL in an inside (in Northern Europe) and we loved it! Our little cave. :cool: Have a fabulous time and I'll look forward to your comments afterwards!

It will be our very first Princess cruise, and we will be in an inside cabin as well! We did a 21 day on HAL in an inside (in Northern Europe) and we loved it! Our little cave. :cool: Have a fabulous time and I'll look forward to your comments afterwards!

This is my 1st Inside Stateroom but it was to good to be true with pricing!Were doing 20 day beginning the 19th!

It so fun because all the other guests pay 2-3 times more for a place to sleep.

This is my 1st Inside Stateroom but it was to good to be true with pricing!Were doing 20 day beginning the 19th!

It so fun because all the other guests pay 2-3 times more for a place to sleep.

We too, will be travelling on the Emerald in March, but only for a 10 day portion.

Hubby and I (travelling with some ladies, this time) always choose an inside cabin because of the price.........You only sleep in there anyway, and who doesn't like the dark when they sleep? From the moment we get up, until the time we go to bed, we spend very little time in the cabin. We choose to spend our time and money enjoying the other things, like games on sea days, daytrips on port days. It boggles my mind to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars more to stay in a cabin with a balcony, when there are many public balconies with lounge chairs calling our names for much less cash........

I also told the same thing to the three "newbie" ladies that I am travelling with this time, and they all agreed. The price for cruising is much more reasonable if you go inside. We still get to eat the same food, do the same day trips, and enjoy the same amenities as the people who paid thousands of dollars more. I don't understand why there isn't more competition for the inside cabins strictly because of price. LOL

Anyhooo, that being said, we always choose a guaranteed inside cabin, and usually get upgraded, never to a balcony cabin, but generally one with a window. If we don't get upgraded, that's okay too. I saved a pile of money....................

Kimm

It will be our very first Princess cruise, and we will be in an inside cabin as well! We did a 21 day on HAL in an inside (in Northern Europe) and we loved it! Our little cave. :cool: Have a fabulous time and I'll look forward to your comments afterwards![/quote

I hope you will love Princess as much as I do. And thanks, I'm sure we will have a blast! Just anxious to get this packing and other chores done and get outta here!!:D

I cruised on The Emerald Princess for 16 days in September. IMO the ship was pretty much in ship shape. There were many "comfort things" I really noticed. The bed was really good, there was a newish View Sonic TV at a good angle (I DID NOT see the usual ghost images as I am very short) I had no issues with temperature in my cabin as it was maintained pretty well. The public areas were well kept up looking. One thing I really appreciated was that it was not a Freezing cold ship. I hardly had to wear my jacket around the ship. I felt Emerald Princess was a comfortable ship to cruise on.

I hope I read this right. On all of the cruise ships we have been on I have froze my tuckus off. When in a tropical clim I had to wear sweaters, long pants, and jackets when in doors. I hope when we are on the Emerald for our 30th anniversary I can wear something other than cold weather clothes!!!