What am I forgetting?

LuvWilliam

I am going on an 8 night cruise on independence of the seas next week. My son is 12.5 months old. Here's everything I packed so far- can anyone who has cruised before let me know if I'm missing something?!

72 diapers

Two packs of wipes

Numerous hand wipes

5 daytime outfits

6 nighttime outfits

2 swimsuits and rash guards

2 sun hats

Plenty of sunscreen for face and body

Plenty of socks and shoes including water shoes

Swim diaper

Three new toys for plane (going to get a bag of toys at the nursery when we get there)

Meds just in case (Tylenol, Benadryl, teething etc)

Plenty of snacks

My breast pump

A bottle and two sippy cups

Bottle brush and soap

Sound machine

Sleep sheep and sleep monkey

Stroller

Pack and play sheets

Baby soap and lotion

A light blanket

Am I missing anything?! I feel like I've packed so much that I keep checking over it and feel like I'm forgetting something!

Maybe some of those scented diaper disposal bags. And some wine, I don't remember seeing wine. You will want some of that ;) Seriously, you have pretty much all of the essentials. If you have particular books or toys, those are great, but you have all of the big things :)

I'd take more than 1 swim diaper.

Maybe some aloe as well.

Oh and don't forget to pack stuff for yourself as well. On our first family vacation(not a cruise) I spend so much time getting my baby's stuff organized that I forgot to pack clothes for myself! We spent the first day of the trip at Wal Mart buying shorts and T shirts. lol :D

Maybe some of those scented diaper disposal bags. And some wine, I don't remember seeing wine. You will want some of that ;) Seriously, you have pretty much all of the essentials. If you have particular books or toys, those are great, but you have all of the big things :)

haha! I have two bottles of champagne packed! My parents are going with us so DH and I can have date nights! So excited! =)

I'd take more than 1 swim diaper.

Maybe some aloe as well.

Oh and don't forget to pack stuff for yourself as well. On our first family vacation(not a cruise) I spend so much time getting my baby's stuff organized that I forgot to pack clothes for myself! We spent the first day of the trip at Wal Mart buying shorts and T shirts. lol :D

Just last week I pulled out my clothes (mind you, DS clothes have been packed for months!) and realized I don't have enough! My DH is like really? You waited until now?! First time packing for DS is crazy, but we will come home with a lot less than we start with! Thanks for the aloe tip!!

I agree with more swim diapers, if you're going to the beach or the splash zone. Definitely the scented bags too.

I would add a formal night outfit, a baby thermometer, and more clothes. Royal Caribbean doesn't have self-serve laundries. 2 outfits per day, including travel days. Unless they give you the all-you-can-stuff bag (which may not come until day 5 or even later, or sometimes never), it would be very expensive to wash the baby's clothes onboard.

That looks like a good list.

As for those commenting on swim diapers---it all depends on the type of swim diaper...if using disposable swim diapers definitely take more. But, if it's a reusable/fabric one, one or two would be enough. We stopped using disposable ones once we found the others which are much better at holding anything in.

If your son can't use a regular cup or a straw I'd throw in another sippy or two just to be safe.. Today we were out for a doctors appointment and my 12.5 month old DS threw his sippy somewhere without us noticing. We didn't realize it until we were seated at TGIFridays and he started asking (loudly and repeatedly) for a drink. My DH had to leave and drive 3 blocks down to buy a new one at babies r us while I waited for our food. I added some spares to our bag for our cruise next week as soon as we got home since we definitely won't have the "buy another" option at sea!

• 2 weeks later...

I would also recommend more bottles and sippy cups. Doing the dishes in the bathroom sink gets old quickly...it is good to have some extras.

We always bring some toys that can also be used in the bathtub and at the pool, etc.

You didnt specify what type of clothing you had, I would highly recomend looking on line and find an infant/toddler tuxedo...you can find them fairly cheep, and it makes the formal nights awsome.

....and don't forget your 2 bottles of wine you can bring per stateroom!

If your son can't use a regular cup or a straw I'd throw in another sippy or two just to be safe.. Today we were out for a doctors appointment and my 12.5 month old DS threw his sippy somewhere without us noticing. We didn't realize it until we were seated at TGIFridays and he started asking (loudly and repeatedly) for a drink. My DH had to leave and drive 3 blocks down to buy a new one at babies r us while I waited for our food. I added some spares to our bag for our cruise next week as soon as we got home since we definitely won't have the "buy another" option at sea!

When a little one learns how to use a straw, its reason to celebrate :)

Incase you find yourself in this predicament again and he doesn't yet know how to use a straw, try this. Put a straw down into a glass of water and then seal the top end with your fingertip. Pull the straw up and let him drink from the bottom end as you slowly release the "seal". This has saved us on many occasions :p

Two things I didn't see mentioned that I was glad we had with our son at 11months are an inflatable bath tub and baby powder. The tub is perfect for bathing if your cabin doesn't have a tub and can be used as a kiddy pool on a balcony if you have one. The baby powder is for any time spent with sand. Sand can be a nuisance, especially with diaper changes. Sprinkle a little baby powder on, rub it in, and the sand will fall right off.

Take a little sweater or jacket it tends to get chilly especially in the evening on the ship

I am going on an 8 night cruise on independence of the seas next week. My son is 12.5 months old. Here's everything I packed so far- can anyone who has cruised before let me know if I'm missing something?!

72 diapers

Two packs of wipes

Numerous hand wipes

5 daytime outfits

6 nighttime outfits

2 swimsuits and rash guards

2 sun hats

Plenty of sunscreen for face and body

Plenty of socks and shoes including water shoes

Swim diaper

Three new toys for plane (going to get a bag of toys at the nursery when we get there)

Meds just in case (Tylenol, Benadryl, teething etc)

Plenty of snacks

My breast pump

A bottle and two sippy cups

Bottle brush and soap

Sound machine

Sleep sheep and sleep monkey

Stroller

Pack and play sheets

Baby soap and lotion

A light blanket

Am I missing anything?! I feel like I've packed so much that I keep checking over it and feel like I'm forgetting something!

Two things I didn't see mentioned that I was glad we had with our son at 11months are an inflatable bath tub and baby powder. The tub is perfect for bathing if your cabin doesn't have a tub and can be used as a kiddy pool on a balcony if you have one. The baby powder is for any time spent with sand. Sand can be a nuisance, especially with diaper changes. Sprinkle a little baby powder on, rub it in, and the sand will fall right off.

Great tip about powder and sand!

A couple more outfits. I could never make do for a little one 5 days clothing for 8 days. I let my kids play and get dirty. However, what I didn't see was baby specific medicine. Remember if baby gets sick you either have to make a costly baby/doctor visit because the stores might not have what you need or be open when you need them. Throw in a couple of band aids, neosporin, etc. I'd also take their favorite night time friend.