Bannister Island Coral Breeze Cancelled

phantomII

We had reservations with Coral Breeze for the Bannister Island Beach Break on Nov. 27th. Yesterday I was cancelled out since they said nobody else signed up for the tour that day. 4 ships in port that day and nobody signed up? After that I was told that the resort had just been sold too so they had to renogitiate the contracts. This whole thing smells funny. I am wondering if there are any other companys that go to this island as I can't seem to find any?

Does anybody else have any info on this?

I am now scrambling to find something else to do in Belize that we have not done before.

Edited by phantomII

IMHO, your best bet would be to look up Island Marketing & look at their Belize tours.

We have done their Goff's Caye snorkeling & it was great & it was $40 PP + tip. All the rum punch you can drink & Lobster Kbobs for sale there at Goff's.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

Been there, done that. I was looking for something new. Maybe we'll do it again though.

I don't see one offered by Princess.

Unfortunately, Princess does not offer one to Bannister Island and has not for at least several years. :(

We took the snorkel excursion Princess was offering to the Barrier Reef which was great (awesome snorkeling) ... but a rather long and tiring day.

On our last time in Belize on Princess, we ended up sleeping late and having drinks at the Wet Lizard. :D

We were happy with the excursions (especially the first one) thru Carnival to Bannister Island. :)

LuLu

~~~~

We are booked for the Manatee Watch, Reef Snorkeling and Bannister Beach on Nov 26th and I haven't heard anything about being cancelled. I just sent them a note to see if we're still a go. I won't be happy if they cancel with just 2 weeks to go.

Well good thing I checked in with them for our excursion - here's what I just got back - Thank you for again for your reservation. Ownership of Bannister Island changed hands once again last week and the owners are negotiating new contracts -- first with the cruise ships and then with independent operators like us. We're hoping that the situation will sort itself out in the next few days, but at this point we've taken the tour off our calendar. If you'd like, we'd be happy to switch you to our Shark/Ray Alley Snorkeling and Caye Caulker Exploration tour at the same price (you can learn more about that tour at http://www.coralbreezetours.com/snorkel ). Otherwise, we'll keep our fingers crossed this week.

Needless to say, I cancelled because I don't want to wait a few days while all the other excursions fill up.

Do NOT go on this one unless you want a horrible boat ride like we had in April..

Well good thing I checked in with them for our excursion - here's what I just got back - Thank you for again for your reservation. Ownership of Bannister Island changed hands once again last week and the owners are negotiating new contracts -- first with the cruise ships and then with independent operators like us. We're hoping that the situation will sort itself out in the next few days, but at this point we've taken the tour off our calendar. If you'd like, we'd be happy to switch you to our Shark/Ray Alley Snorkeling and Caye Caulker Exploration tour at the same price (you can learn more about that tour at http://www.coralbreezetours.com/snorkel ). Otherwise, we'll keep our fingers crossed this week.

Needless to say, I cancelled because I don't want to wait a few days while all the other excursions fill up.