Orient Bay - Which "Club"

ihopfar

Trying to make heads or tails of the discussion of the different restaurants/clubs at Orient Bay and trying to figure out which one to go to.

Is there a list of all the different places that compares/contrasts them?

Where will the "shared" taxis drop us off? Is this the same place or places that there will be a taxi line to grab a taxi afterwards? I know if we take a taxi just the 2 of us, they will drop us wherever we ask.

We would like a beach that is not rocky, with calm surf, with nice/clean restrooms (knowing "nice" is relative when talking about beach restrooms.) We are willing to pay a little more for chairs/umbrella if the location is better. We figure we will be eating enough on the ship, so don't plan to each much, if anything, at the restaurants on the beach, so price/quality of those is the least important to us. Closer to a taxi stand is a plus, but not essential because we are big walkers.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Brad

I have been to Orange Fever and Kakao Beach Club. Just ask the driver to drop you off at the club you want. Both clubs are very nice or just walk up and down the beach to find a club to your liking. They all have billboards with pricing.

There was no issues with rocks at the two I mentioned.

Very easy to find a returning cab.

Edited by runner15km

• 1 month later...

I second the suggestion of Kakao Beach Club. It was clean, friendly, uncrowded and had great food. I researched online heavily before choosing it and after walking up and down Orient Beach checking out the other beach clubs once I was finally there I can say it was the right choice. Of note though is the CDC dengue fever warning which I am sure you have heard of on CC already.

Have a great time! :)

Trying to make heads or tails of the discussion of the different restaurants/clubs at Orient Bay and trying to figure out which one to go to.

Is there a list of all the different places that compares/contrasts them?

Where will the "shared" taxis drop us off? Is this the same place or places that there will be a taxi line to grab a taxi afterwards? I know if we take a taxi just the 2 of us, they will drop us wherever we ask.

We would like a beach that is not rocky, with calm surf, with nice/clean restrooms (knowing "nice" is relative when talking about beach restrooms.) We are willing to pay a little more for chairs/umbrella if the location is better. We figure we will be eating enough on the ship, so don't plan to each much, if anything, at the restaurants on the beach, so price/quality of those is the least important to us. Closer to a taxi stand is a plus, but not essential because we are big walkers.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Brad

We were at Orange Fever about a month ago. It is at the end near Club Orient / Pedro's. We have also gone to KaKo Beach Club several too. Either one is a good choice.

• 2 months later...
Thanks for all the input.

Our cruise is coming up real quick -- any other thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!

Brad

We have been to several of the beaches at Orient. Some are definitely better than others, and personal taste always plays a part. So far, our favorite remains Kakao Beach. The chairs are very comfortable, nice beverage service on the beach and the outdoor restaurant there is very, very nice for a quick snack or a full meal. The beach is absolutely gorgeous and the turquoise water is very inviting. All in all, we find Kakao the best choice at least for us. We never have trouble grabbing a taxi right behind the restaurant area to get back to the ship. Enjoy your cruise!!

Swiss

Sounds like Kakao it is! Again, I appreciate all the opinions.

One more question. We are one of four ships in port (on a Tuesday). All the ships are scheduled in port at 7 or 8 AM. If we plan to get off the ship at 9 to grab a taxi to Orient, will we have any trouble getting chairs? Not sure how quickly everyone descends on Orient, and I heard it can get crowded -- especially with several ships in port. We don't want to have to get up and out earlier than we need too (since we are on vacation.) Will that work?

Thanks again,

Brad

Sounds like Kakao it is! Again, I appreciate all the opinions.

One more question. We are one of four ships in port (on a Tuesday). All the ships are scheduled in port at 7 or 8 AM. If we plan to get off the ship at 9 to grab a taxi to Orient, will we have any trouble getting chairs? Not sure how quickly everyone descends on Orient, and I heard it can get crowded -- especially with several ships in port. We don't want to have to get up and out earlier than we need too (since we are on vacation.) Will that work?

Thanks again,

Brad

We usually get off the ship around 10:00 and head over to the taxi stand (walk straight ahead and bear to the right to get to the taxi area (which is very well organized). Even with so many ships in port, there are so many beaches that it never seems overly crowded at any one particular beach, though it does seem as though the less expensive areas of Orient are more well populated). We have NEVER had a problem getting chairs at Kakao. In fact, we walk right up and next thing we know, we're on the beach relaxing. When you're ready to leave, walk to the area behind the straw huts and there will be taxis there. There are several there waiting for passengers. Note, however, do not leave too late from the beach as the island tends to get a bit gridlocked after 4:00 or so (typical rush hour). While you are at Kakao you can walk up and down the beach and see some of the other areas to compare. After doing that several times, we determined that our favorite is still Kakao. Enjoy your trip.

Swiss