Can UKers take advantage of price drops?

jc24cruiser

In my cruise line's section there are loads of posts about watching prices. If the price drops you call the cruise line and get them to change the booking. People mention that they make several changes and save themselves 100s of $$$. They also upgrade to better staterooms for free after final payment.

When I commented on a thread about it someone replied saying that they don't think cruisers from the UK can take advantage of this :(

Does any one know about this, is it possible? If so how do you do it....what exactly do you say to the cruise line?

It is Royal Caribbean we are sailing on in case it is different from cruise line to cruise line.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Thanks for the replies :)

I booked directly through Royal Caribbean as I was applying a future cruise credit (I think that is what it is called!). Prefer booking directly with them, I know it may not always be the cheapest but I guess I take that into account when I weigh up the pros and cons.

Will give it a go doing it directly with Royal Caribbean but from your answers....I wont hold my breath :rolleyes: