Hi, first time on Princess. Have cruised in the past mainly with Holland America, Royal Caribbean and P&O.
1. I am not a great fan of movies under the stars as there are too many distractions, kids playing around the pools etc, does the ship show films anywhere other than the big screen outdoors?
2. I am cruising over Christmas and New Year in the Caribbean. How does the ship celebrate Christmas? My daughter is 15 but still likes the whole Christmas thing. I will bring a present for her but will there be a surprise gift from 'santa' or is she too old? Are we allowed to hang tinsel in the cabins to make it a little bit more festive?
3. On Holland America we were able to text each other on the app so that I always knew where she was on the ship and what time to meet up etc? Does the Medalion have this feature?
4. On Holland America we are able to book the unlimited laundry package for a very good rate which means we can send out laundry every day and it came back the following day washed and ironed. Does Princess have this on their ships? If not, do they do a bag of laundry wash as this will work out cheaper than paying for each individual item. I know there is a self laundry but I don't fancy spending my holiday washing and ironing. If they do a bag wash - how much is each bag?
5. What is their thermal spa like? What facilities does it have and does anyone know the cost? In particular the thermal pool - is that large. On one ship on Holland America it was no bigger than a small hot tub. If you sign up for the spa, other than the thermal pool does it have an adults only pool?
6. I normally use the casino in the evenings. What are the minimum bets on blackjack? Is the casino normally busy on a Caribbean cruise?
7. We have an outside view cabin, is there anywhere quiet on the ship, outdoors, where I can sit in the shade and read a book?
8. Are there many teenagers on a Christmas/New Year cruise that my daughter can hang out with?
9. Which shows are good and worth arriving early for and which ones can I give a miss?
10. We have four sea days, what sort of activities do they have that maybe my daughter and I could spend some time together doing?
11. They have a good deal on wifi at the moment. How good is it to stream Netflix or do facetime (nice for Christmas day to speak to family.
12. Is there anywhere I can see the current 14 day mdr menus so to know when to book the other restaurants. Also anywhere I can see the daily "patters" to see what activities they do.
Sorry for all the questions but it would be great to hear back from anyone.