Waverunners on Labadee

emeraldcity

We're planning on doing the waverunners on Labadee, but we haven't booked it yet. I believe we will be the only ship in port (Grandeur), so I'm anticipating there will be plenty of availability for walk-ups. I really don't want to lock into a time slot because I want to have a relatively unstructured day and just walk over there when we decided we're ready for the excursion. Has anyone had any recent experience with being shut out because they are fully booked?

We have already booked our wave runners for the second available time slot on our Allure sailing next July.

When we arrive at port we go straight to barefoot beach get our traditional 3 loungers under the trees (as we have for the last 3 cruises), meet our attendant, get our free floaties, and something to drink (soda).

We take pictures before the beach gets crowded.

We leisurely walk to the check in area...remember to take your drivers license if you are under 21 (DH had to run back to the ship to get DD's she was 18 last year).

Fill out the waivers (at this time cannot do on-line), wait a brief period for our class...not painful).

Go for the gusto and jet ski, even though it is follow the leader they rank you on skill level. Our family was classified and ranked "evil keneviel (sp)" and went 1-2-3.

We had a great time.

We wanted to do this excursion early, so we could also swim, snorkel, play beach volleyball at 1pm. Eat, and be harrassed by the vendors.

We may also make time and do the coaster again.

We lock into an early time to leave the whole day free.

Sea Ya

It's quite likely that you'll be able to do a "walk up" booking...at least, that's been hubby's experience!

If this is a "must-do" for you, I'd book it in advance....but if it's a "if it's available" thing....then just wait! The odds are in your favor! However, there may not be an availabillity when you're ready....you may go at, say, noon, and they'll tell you to come back at 2.......

Edited by cb at sea

I would wait to see what the weather will be like.. Book onboard! The earliest time slot is the best that way you still have the whole day uninterrupted to enjoy the island. It really is a great excursion to do. The tour guide will take u around the island and give u a brief history of each spot. When the group stops you will be able to jump off the jetski and swim around for a few minutes. They give you the option where in the line of riders you wanna b depending on how comfortable you are with your driving skills and speed. Have done this excursion multiple times and have never been disappointed. Quick tip- if u can bring a water camera with you the views of the ship from out where you will b are amazing.. Hope u have a great time!!

I did the excursion on CoCo Cay and I was one of the speed demons in the front ... hope I get a high number again. It was a blast! They didn't give us a swim option, so that will be a nice touch on Labadee. Thanks for the water camera tip ... I'll have to pick up one of those cheapies (do they still sell them?) I also like the tip of waiting to book till you get a weather report. Additionally, if I book now, it hits my November statement ... if I book on board, it hits my December statement. :)