Progresso with a 2 yr old

Sooner-Cruisers

Just got back. We took an umbrella stroller and it fit on the bus without folding it up. The shuttle from the piers do not have seat belts available to install a car seat. After getting dropped at the bus station, we headed to the beach. It was fairly easy to use the stroller on the sidewalks and it's not a long walk. There are vendors along the way, but not too pushy.

We arrived at the beach and was approached by one of the restaurants to use their chaises. He set it up in the shade for us and all we ordered was 1 frozen margarita for $5. We weren't approached to purchase more and they offered free chips and salsa. You must have cash! My husband got a 30 min massage on the beach for $10.

The beach was perfectly nice, not as beautiful as Cozumel, and the sand wasn't as soft either. The vendors were pretty respectful of our daughter being present and were far less pushy when she was with us. We were approached often, but a shake of the head or no thank you did the trick.

All in all, we all enjoyed ourselves for very little money. Before leaving I looked here to try to find info about visiting here with a toddler, so I'm hoping this will help other parents.

• 2 months later...