Disney Dream cat. 4A - should we go deck 10 or 9?

RobinSie

We are planning our first Disney cruise on the Dream. We have decided to go with a category 4A, but are unsure whether to go with deck 10 or 9 (for noise issue reasons). I would appreciate knowing about your experience, including your cabin number, so we can make an informed decision.

Thanks in advance!

Robin

IMO if you are concerned about noise for whatever reason, we would choose deck 9 for a 4a. Never stayed on 10 or 9, but have read a lot of reports from other pax.

Surround yourself with cabins, above, below, and adjoining. ;)

ETA; I would also chose one close to the aft elevators too. Mid elevators can be madness at times. Of course there is always stairs.

HTH

Edited by bear3412

IMO if you are concerned about noise for whatever reason, we would choose deck 9 for a 4a. Never stayed on 10 or 9, but have read a lot of reports from other pax.

Surround yourself with cabins, above, below, and adjoining. ;)

ETA; I would also chose one close to the aft elevators too. Mid elevators can be madness at times. Of course there is always stairs.

HTH

Thanks, that's kind of the way I was leaning, but since I don't know these ships at all I didn't know if there was a fairly quiet area on 10.

We are not afraid of stairs...taking them is often quicker and no doubt better for our cruise girth.

Since all the 4a's are midship along with the pool deck it's risky booking a deck 10 4a if you are interested in the quietest 4a aboard. In fact some pay a touch less and book a 4b on 8. Price it out, sometimes it's a big difference in cost, other times not.

Also not sure how many pax you are booking and their ages, but we would request a room with all the beds as we are 4 pax. If you are sailing with 5 this is moot. We just prefer options. If sailing with less than 5 pax you could lack either a ceiling bunk or a wall murphy in a cat 4a-d. Or choose a cabin that can sleep 5 as noted, and get them all.

If you Google "Disney Dream, Room Reports" you can read pax reports of specific cabins and locations.

ETA; Room reports here on CC. It's a bit tricky to pull them up .... ;http://www.cruisecritic.com/disney-dream-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=548&deck=10

Also the Fantasy should be the same fwiw.

Edited by bear3412