Time in US Between Cruises

Gilpet

The Amtrak station in Boston is South Station, not Union

Oops, you're right. I go through there all the time, I should know better. I spent the morning looking at train schedules into Washington DC, so I guess I had Union Station on my mind.

Edited by ahecht

Oops, you're right. I go through there all the time, I should know better. I spent the morning looking at train schedules into Washington DC, so I guess I had Union Station on my mind.

Not a problem. Have done similar things all the time. I usually just blame them on senior moments.:D

Hi Gill ... You could easily spend the rest of that time in NY. If you want to travel a bit farther, you could take the train up to Boston or down to Philly. Both of these places would give you another couple days. While in NY try to take in a broadway show. Another day could be the boat out to Ellis Island to see the statue of Liberty.

Good idea, except the Statue of Liberty is located on Bedloe's Island. I think Ellis Island (former immigration processing location) is in the same general area, but not where SOL is located. Maybe you could see(view) the Statue of Liberty from Ellis, but not really visit it. :) :)

Edited by Rala
typo

There are passenger ferries from Battery Park that will take you to the Statue of Liberty and you may also be taken to Ellis Island (currently closed) on the same boat if you like. I can easily spend a week in NYC. :)

http://www.nps.gov/stli/planyourvisit/directions.htm

New York City is way at the top of my favorite cities in the world.

On Niagara Falls, the Canadian side is much prettier then the US side. You can do both, by boat.

http://www.niagarafallslive.com/niagara_falls_maid_of_the_mist.htm