???'s getting back to Houston from Galveston

urbanhawk

At the end of January, I get back to Galveston on Carnival's Magic. The one flight I'd like to take leaves IAH at 12:30 p.m.; the next flight doesn't leave till 6 p.m. I have been considering using Carnival's Transfer, but the info that is provided on their website says not to book anything before 1:30 p.m. I am just curious if anyone has experience with this. What time do the Carnival transfer vans leave Galveston? Would I be able to make a 12:30 p.m. flight ? (without stressin' out about it:eek:), or should I just book the 6 p.m. flight to be safe and less stressed? Thanks.

This doesn't exactly answer your question, but I would do self debarkation (carrying your own bags off the ship.) We got in port early and the first ones were able to get off at 8:30. We got off around 10:30 and got stuck in traffic around Houston on a Saturday morning.

Edited by Sooner-Cruisers

Take the later flight. Between the fact you are 71 miles from IAH and the fact that Murphy's Law has a higher chance of kicking in with trying to make the 12:30 Flight the day the cruise ends (Issues at customs, Houston traffic, the hikes you take in IAH, TSA Lines and who knows what else.) You will be much happier with the later flight. And who knows? Karma may thank you for making that wise decision by blessing you with a hassle free trek that gets you into IAH in time to take the earlier flight (Probably for a few dollars more.)

I have a 12:40 flight from Hobby on December 7th and in the past that was plenty of time, but this time carnival won't let me book post transfer since before 1:30. I usually self debark and never had a problem. I guess this time I will have to taxi (I figure it will be easier than finding a towncar). I also am flying Southwest and usually good to work with with no extra hassle. If I miss I may just lose my non stop flight I am guessing.

I agree with mjsef, take the later flight (or maybe even stay over and fly out the next day). Carnival's recommendation for flight times is based on what works. Personally, I'd hate to worry all week about our flight home :(.

Although you didn't mention it, generally, if a flight is really inexpensive it's because there's no way to make it from the ship in time :eek:!

Thanks to all with your input/advice/recommendations, etc. I'll go ahead and book the later flight-Will be able to chill out in United's Club for a few hours vs the terminal. Just as an fyi, both flights were the same price. (too much $;))

• 3 weeks later...

You have definitely booked the right flight.

We were held up by fog and couldn't get into the port. Our flight left at 6:30 pm and we got to the airport at 6:31pm......

Ended up going home the next day. We did not do self disembarkation so had a later time - of course everyone was in the same situation but the self disembarkers got off first.