Jogging Club on Oasis of the Seas?

nessz79

My family and I will be taking our 2nd RCI cruise, with 10 years since our last RCI cruise, and we are greatly looking forward to it!

My DH jogs almost daily for exercise and is planning on using the track or fitness club while on board. I was looking at the Compass for a past cruise and saw something about a jogging club that meets up either every morning or on Sea day mornings. Has anyone met with the jogging club? Were there many people who met up and was it fun?

I didn't do the club, but you're correct - it was every morning at 7 and was billed for intermediate runners. Sorry I can't offer my info, but this was a recovery cruise, so as much as I love the track on Oasis, i chose not to do any running. :)

As for fitness classes, they offer a boot camp (30 min a day for 4 days for $120), yoga on the helipad (weather permitting, $12 a class), and a new glorified version of spinning called Fly Wheel. They turn down the lights, blare music, and work in some upper body exercises using 2 bar weights (one 2 lbs, one 4 lbs) attached to each cycle. You also wear shoes to clip in. The classes are good, but I'm not sure they are worth the $25 fee.

Thank you for the responses! I guess DH will just have to check it out himself :).

Yoga on the helipad sounds neat! I wonder if that would be appropriate for someone that does little to no yoga at home (only walk) or if I'd pull a thousand muscles ;).

Thank you for the responses! I guess DH will just have to check it out himself :).

Yoga on the helipad sounds neat! I wonder if that would be appropriate for someone that does little to no yoga at home (only walk) or if I'd pull a thousand muscles ;).

No experience necessary - it's really just glorified stretching. :D