Mega Ships Versus Normal ships What think you?

Evangaline

To each his/her own, but I cruise for three reasons:

1. The feeling of being AT sea; having the ocean perpetually visible to remind me that I'm out in the middle of the ocean.
  2. To visit multiple locations on the same vacation, unpacking once.
  3. The incredible service.

I find #1 and #2 to be lacking on the larger ships. The focus on the mega-ships is INWARD, toward the unique features like Boardwalk, Central Park and carnival-type rides. The focus on the smaller ships (think Radiance Class) is OUTWARD, making the ocean the STAR attraction.

I'm with you. Largest for us has been Mariner, which we liked a lot. However Vision & Jewel were also very pleasant with their views outward. Don't have any desire to do Oasis class.

We finally got to Allure this past summer. Going on Serenade in three months. It will be interesting to see how going down three sizes will feel. I love Radiance class ships, so I'm not worried.

It's funny to think that every one of Royal's designs was "the largest in the world" when it was introduced. Once upon a time Majesty was called a mega ship and people complained that it was too big!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

Not really. Vision and Radiance class were not the largest when introduced. Sovereign, Voyager, Freedom, Oasis, were though.

Edited by bilyclub