Rci-allure - water/soda policy

nyjustus2

I read you can bring 2 750ml bottles of wine to your cabin with no corkage fee, providing you don't bring it to restaurants.

What is the policy for bottled water and soda? We just traveled on Norwegian and there was no limit on these two items. Just curious about Royal Caribbean's policy! Thanks!

Not allowed to bring any water/soda.

However, you will see many post where people have sent it through the porter with their luggage in many different variety of ways.

You may or may not choose to do the same but do some searches on the boards for this topic and you will see what I am talking about.

And, you may also choose to purchase a bottled water package, an unlimited soda package, an all you can drink alcohol package or a combination of these. Just check out this link on RCI's website for further information:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/cruiseEnhancements.do?componentTypeCategoryId=15

Edited by Cruzn' Fool

I read you can bring 2 750ml bottles of wine to your cabin with no corkage fee, providing you don't bring it to restaurants.

What is the policy for bottled water and soda? We just traveled on Norwegian and there was no limit on these two items. Just curious about Royal Caribbean's policy! Thanks!

You will not have any problem bringing a reasonable amount of sealed water and soda on board with you. If you roll it on with you (which I always do and suggest), you can expect them to open your bag after the security screening in the terminal to verify that it's sealed / not booze).

The reason I recommend rolling it on with you is you eliminate any concern about a misunderstanding where your luggage gets directed to the so-called "naughty room" for further screening.

You will not have any problem bringing a reasonable amount of sealed water and soda on board with you. If you roll it on with you (which I always do and suggest), you can expect them to open your bag after the security screening in the terminal to verify that it's sealed / not booze).

The reason I recommend rolling it on with you is you eliminate any concern about a misunderstanding where your luggage gets directed to the so-called "naughty room" for further screening.

That's good information...on NCL we put luggage tags on 2 cases of water and they were delivered to our room with our bags. If we have to lug it ourselves, no big deal...

We like getting on board as early as possible so our rooms may not be ready yet. Oh well...we'll figure it out. My husband drinks a lot of water during the day and hates the taste of the ship water, so it's a big plus being able to have bottled water with us!

Thank you!!!

I can definitely echo this. Last two times on Oasis/Allure we converted our small rolling carry-on to fit our water and some soda cans, and rolled that on with us, no problem at all. And in my backpack I had the two bottles of wine. :cool:

We take water and soda on every cruise we go on, including taking it on Oasis and Allure, with no issues whatsoever. For a weeks cruise I always take a 12pk of diet/caffeine free soda and at least 12 bottles of water. I put it in a cooler (tote or something like that) and check it. Sometimes in a suitcase with other stuff. Never have an issue.

Edited by karena1

Bottled water is expensive and bulky, not to mention bad for the environment. Experienced cruisers use water filter pitchers, which are more environmentally friendly, easier to pack, and less expensive.

This experienced cruiser always brings some bottles of water to have at the ready in the cabin and will continue to do so. :cool:

I just boarded Allure last Sunday (11/3/13). One of the pieces of "luggage" I checked with the porter was a case of water; I stapled a luggage tag to the plastic outer wrapper. It got delivered to my stateroom with all of my other tagged luggage. It wasn't concealed, it wasn't inside a piece of luggage, it was the actual case of water I bought the night before at Publix.

I happen to prefer the smaller (half-liter) bottles to the 1-liter bottles that you can buy as part of a water package.

RCI has a written policy prohibiting water and soda from being brought onboard. In reality, this is totally ignored by RCI itself to the point where it's done right out in the open, no sneaking and no cheating.

Edited by CleveRocks