Passport Dilemma? - Conclusion

Hate 2 W8t

Remember me? I'm the one with the MIL that can't spell and DH who never bothered to read his birth certificate. :D Quick review for newbies...

1. DH's name spelled SCOTT on birth certificate...he's used SCOT since he was 4, but never knew it was any different before that. MIL didn't know/remember it was ever SCOTT either.

2. DH's birth certificate was filed more than 12 months after he was born due to adoption.

Well...after many worried calls to the State Dept, research on changing one's name, ordering of two new birth cert's with original filing date.......passport arrived today with no questions asked! :eek: Couldn't believe my eyes. Someone must be watching over us. The wonderful lady (Heather) on my first call to the State Dept said she was 99.9% the application would be suspended due to the filing date, but wasn't at all concerned about the spelling problem. Thank God for that .1%.

Thanks to all who gave wonderful advise and appreciated words of comfort while I was seriously stressing! Can you imagine getting to the boat only to be turned away for something like a "T"??? Just so thankful I don't have to know!

That's great. The other day I was in our local post office and ended up talking to the woman who processes the passport paperwork there. She said we just needed to show up (no appointments) and if we're there by three, she'll handle us. She even told me the best times to get there. She also said the summer rush seems to be over, that those people who needed them for the summer must have taken care of their applications, and there's shorter lines.

Archived